The Basics of Naturalization
Who is eligible?
a lawful permanent resident of the U.S
you must be 18 years old to get in to the program
resident and physically presents in the United States for at least five years at the time of application.Of good moral character.
- time outside the country that your attorney can explain in detail
- a lawyer of experienced with immigration attorney
- coach through you the test and interview preparation
Completing Your Application
- complete form n-400 application for naturalization
- Get two photographs of your self that meet immigration service requirements
- collect the necessary documents
- send application documents and fee the app is 320 and the fee is 70 biometric fee for fingerprinting as of august to appropriate service center
Getting finger printed
Receive an appointment letter from the USCIS.
Go to the finger print location.
Get your finger prints taken.
Mail additional documents if requested.
Taking the Oath of Allegiance
Receive a ceremony date.
Check in at the ceremony.
Retur n your Per manent Resident Card.
Answer questions about what you have been doing since your interview.
Take the oath of allegiance.