By: Rosalba Aldrich Perez
Greek of The Week
New Olympic Event
- - For many people food was a scarce thing to find but in some places it isn’t. And for ancient Greece it was sometimes and sometimes it wasn't. Many people in ancient Greece had Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Breakfast was eaten just after sunrise, Lunch was probably eaten during the afternoon or somewhere around that time, and Dinner was the main meal. At Dinner people ate vegetables, fruit, fish, and sometimes honey-cakes. They drank wine and it was watered down to drink.
- - The Art of ancient Greece was a very creative time during the ancient Greece times. Many people during this time were very talented people they could paint, some could make pottery, some can mold metal, and some liked building sculptures. The Minoans were those people who really loved art and they loved to paint and draw and do all sorts of stuff they really enjoyed art. They enjoyed it so much they loved it.
Today’s classified ads maybe some things you would want so get reading!
- Come and get your very own newest addition of the Greek Vases for sale! There are some lovely vases that have been hand crafted into beautiful pottery for you home… There are some green ones, black ones and maybe even a blue. But hurry call Jim, or find him near the Asia Minor and the Mediterranean Sea. And remember to find Jim and you can get your vase as soon as possible.
- Peplos come and get it! Peplos is a womenswear it is a good piece of clothing for many women. A peplos is clothing for women and what person doesn't like clothes? If you get it now you may be eligible for a piece of jewelry too. Locate your nearest cloth seller now!
- Honey, Honey for sale! Come and get it while it lasts… Honey is very yummy, it is sticky but it is very good for you in many ways. So contact or find your closest food source now.
- Hippocrates is one of the most famous scientists that ever lived. He is sort of famous for the Hippocratic Oath people have to take in order to pass college or something to be a scientist. The Hippocratic Oath is something that future scientists have to say in order to pass their “class” and to become a scientist or something along those lines. It’s pretty much making people say that they will follow the rules and be a good citizen to the world.
- Herophilus is a physician from ancient Greece and he studied the function of nerves and made important discoveries of the brain. He was a really great one too he was one of the first ever to find out things about the brain. He was taught from another Greek physician named Galen he was also another great physician along with Herophilus. And Herophilus, Galen, and other physicians made the city Alexandria, Egypt become one of the main cities for learning.
MEDUSA'S HAIR SNAKES OR GUMMY SNAKES?
Some people have been asking why hasn’t Medusa’s snakes growled at anybody in her hat? And here it is… They don’t growl because they aren’t real! They are said to be fake snakes that Medusa says are snakes. She says that she will turn you into stone but she hasn’t turned one person into stone at all. She is tricker she lied to you she wouldn’t turn anybody into stone. Toon in next week to find out more at Medusashair.com.
ZEUS’S THUNDER BOLTS CATS, OR THUNDER?
Some people have reason to believe that Zeus has been ordering “thunder bolts” from his special tailor. His tailor makes cats die and he has orders from Zeus to make his special bolts for invincibility because cats have the “invisible” nine lives to live. That’s what Zeus is doing that’s horrid why cats?