Miss Marney's Class April 11, 2016
Field Trip to DeAnna Rose Farmstead
Presenting our Monuments projects
We are starting a new unit on measurement this week. The objectives we will be studying are:
- exploring length
- measuring in inches
- measuring in centimeters
- measuring in inches, feet and yards
- measuring in centimeters and meters
- measuring length
- adding and subtracting in measurement
- comparing lengths
Don't forget xtramath.org is a great resource for practicing math facts. All addition facts should be mastered by December. Subtraction facts should be mastered by May.
Skills that can still be reviewed:
- time to 5 minutes
- counting by 5's forwards and backwards
- adding facts up to 20
- place value number of tens and ones in a problem
- subtraction facts up to 20
- subtracting and adding 2 digit with 2 digit numbers
Front Row Math and Reading
Fun math games for practice
Writing and Reading
The Kansas Library has free digital books. If you go to this page you can click on many different types. The one we use in class the most is Tumble books.
Recycle those dried out markers
All around Starside students and teachers will be collecting used markers that are ready to be discarded. The markers will be sent to a facility where they will be converted into clean fuel. This fuel can be used to power vehicles, heat homes, cook meals and more!
Please help support our efforts by sending your kids in with any used markers you may have around the house – even non-Crayola brands, dry erase markers, and highlighters. Drop-off boxes will be located in your student’s classroom for your child to deposit the markers.
Follow the Activities of Our Class on Social Media
- Class Twitter account @StarsideMarney.
- Text Messages from me when you text @missmarn to 81010. When you sign up, your child will get a pencil from me.
- You can also follow Starside @StarsideComets
Extended Absence Reminder
Please be sure to let the office know when your student will be absent for an extended period. You will need to complete our Extended Absence Request Form. This helps your child’s teacher to prepare work and plan for your child’s absence. It also assists our office maintain accurate attendance reporting. Forms are located in the Starside office.