Only One Full Week of October Left!!!! WOW!
"TO DO" REMINDERS:
- At Risk- ALL 3rd ELA, 4th Math and Reading teachers please make sure you complete the forms I sent you for part one. I will be working on them tomorrow after school and they need to be done by then PLEASE! See below on step 2 ALL HOMEROOM TEACHERS.
- 4th Grade Teachers-Keep an eye out for email from Mrs. Hoover regarding Writing Benchmark.
Reminder--AWARD NOMINATIONS/APPLICATIONS!!! From last week's brief. Please NOMINATE!
- Reminder--Ashley Foreman-We are still taking donations.
- Reminder--Halloween Luncheon-Please sign up for our first faculty luncheon! sign up sheet is in the front office. The more the merrier!!!! If you don't contribute, please don't partake. Hope you'll join in on the fun :).
- Reminder--UDL Follow Up-If you did the UDL training, the trainer will be here for follow up on the 23rd, make plans to meet with her during your conferences please. PS-GREAT opportunity to get input on how to differentiate specific lesson....
- Reminder--Bluff Buy-We are in need of items!!!! Please clean out your closets and donate what you can. Take to Mrs. Singleterry in Read Right.
- REMINDER STAFF Meeting-Put October 23rd on your calendar! STAFF Meeting :). RTI!
AT RISK TIME! Part 2
Pay attention to your boxes next week!
NO OFFICE DAY!
OMG my day as a 3rd grader was exhausting. Thank you to Mrs. Wilson and Beckwith, especially Mrs. Wilson's HR for making me feel so welcome. Also, thank you to Mrs. Jones and Mrs. Harris for also inviting me!!!! See the video below :).
HERE IS WHAT I LEARNED TODAY...
- 3rd graders sit down and stand up a lot! I also learned that I hate sitting on the floor lol (thank you for the accommodations toward the end of the day Mrs. Beckwith!!!)
- 3rd graders need all those bathroom breaks! I used EVERY SINGLE ONE!
- 3rd graders need Recess!!!!! I was starting to get tired mentally. Being outside was so great and refreshing!
- 3rd graders need to be able to talk at Lunch!!!! Lunch was probably my favorite part of the unstructrured time. We had so much great conversation at lunch. Truly, great socializing time for the kids! (We made a plan for World Peace...not really but we sure had great conversation.)
- Math is hard in third grade! Also i learned that 3rd graders have much better imaginations than this 45 year old! The only thing i could think of to make groups of was CANDY!
- If you love to read and write, you will LOVE third grade. The activities I did in reading and writing were amazing. (Yes I am the student that LOVED to read and write).
- Friends are amazing. Please make sure your students have friends in class. I made so many amazing friends today.
- TEACHERS MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE. These teachers prepared for my day, created exciting lessons, structured time to talk and move around, and valued what each and every child had to say. Really created the best learning environment one could ever ask for. Also, I didn't get any marks today, even though the kids told me I should have a few times, but the teachers knew I was still learning the ropes.
CLICK HERE FOR ALL DETAILS FROM RED RIBBON WEEK COMMITTEE!!!! LOTS OF INFO. PLEASE READ.
OCTOBER 22-26 RED RIBBON WEEK
1 Hearing/vision Screener
2 Art Fundraiser Begin
5 Nueces Delta (4th)POD 7 & 50th Day of School
6 Nueces Delta (4th)-POD 8
6 Veteran’s Day Visitor-Mr. McPartlin (Coast Guard)
6 Happy Birthday Mrs. McClendon
7 Nueces Delta (4th)-POD 9
8 Nueces Delta (4th)-POD 10 & Paraprofessional/IT/SPED/Security Appreciation Day para
8 Veteran’s Day Visitor-Mr. Wyrick (Navy)
9 Nueces Delta (4th)-POD 12
9 Veteran’s Day Visitor-Mr. Beckwith (Army)
9 Happy Birthday Martha Daubenspeck
9 Happy Birthday Penny Robinson
12 Veteran's Day Observed & Parent Conference
13 Math & Science Night & Second Six Weeks Benchmark Math
14 Elementary Thanksgiving Feast &Second Six Weeks Benchmark Math
15 Fall Picture Retakes & Primary Thankgsgiving Feast (eat in class)
15` Second Six Weeks Benchmark Math
15 Happy Birthday Mr. Jackson
16 Good Choice (Movie) & Second Six Weeks Benchmark Math
19 Thanksgiving Holiday
20 Thanksgiving Holiday
20 Happy Birthday Mrs. Barnec
21 Thanksgiving Holiday
22 Thanksgiving Holiday
23 Thanksgiving Holiday
23 Happy Birthday Mrs. Hurst
29 Science Projects Due, Report Cards, Board Meeting
30 Science Fair Judging
Military Family Appreciation Month
National Novel Writing Month
Calendar October 19-25
19 Homecoming Game
22-26 Red Ribbon Week (see events)
23 Literacy Night
25 3rd Grade Field Trip to Robstown
25 Board Meeting