Chef Ramsay was born on 8 November 1966 in Johnstone, Renfrewshire, Scotland. Gordon married Cayetana Elizabeth Hutcheson in 1996. The couple have four children who include, Megan, Matilda, and their twins Jack and Holly. It was until 2010, that Ramsay's father-in-law, Chris Hutcheson, was responsible for the business operations of Gordon's restaurant empire.
- High School - Stratford upon Avon School and Sixth Form
- College - North Oxfordshire Technical College
- Apprenticeship - Marco Pierre White
- As a lead cook Worked for Albert Roux at Le Gavroche
- As a sous chef Worked for master chef Jol Robuchon
- As a Sous chef Worked for master chef Guy Savoy in France
- The Boxwood Cafe
- Bread Street Kitchen
- Le Pressoir d'Argent
- Angela Hartnett at The Connaught-Modern European
- The Devonshire
- The Fat Cow
- Foxtrot Oscar
- Gordon Ramsay BurGR
- Gordon Ramsay Plane Food-European Cuisine
- Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill
- La Veranda
- Maze Grill
- The Narrow
- La Noisette
- Pétrus-French Cuisine
- Restaurant Gordon Ramsay-French Cuisine
- Savoy Grill
- Union Street Café -Mediterranean cuisine
- Verre-European cuisine
- The Warrington
- First Scottish to ever win 3 Michelin stars and retain them for consecutive years.
- He was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire
- Ramsay won the Catey award for "Independent Restaurateur of the Year", becoming only the third person to have won three Catey awards.
- In January 2013, Ramsay was inducted into the Culinary Hall of Fame.