MP4 Week 4
How do inventions impact the environment?
Going Green? What's the big deal?
How would you power your family's car if gas stations ran out of gas? How would you heat your house? Cook your food? Let's take a look at how our lives affect the world around us in order to understand why going green is a very big deal and why we need eco-friendly inventors!
Inventions have made our lives easier and better. But what about their impact on the environment? When you use inventions, what impact are YOU having on the environment? Take the test below to see how big your carbon footprint is! This will help us determine what problems need fixing and, as inventors, what solutions can we invent to reduce our carbon footprint!
What's Your Carbon Footprint?: 10 points
Click the link below to calculate your carbon footprint!
- Choose a username: don't use your real name
- Enter your birthday: doesn't have to be your real birthday
- For School enter: Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Answer the questions to calculate your carbon footprint
- Write your results down in inventor's notebook! Be sure to include how many earths you take up!
- We'll be sharing our results!
How can we improve our carbon footprint? Your Challenge!
Trash Tracker: 10 Points
- Go to your palcs google drive
- Click on the assignment I sent you
- Record your carbon footprint
- Track your trash for 1 day and record the results