We Are Family - January 10, 2021
I sent out a test text message on Monday evening at 7:05 PM. If you did not receive it, it means that you have not opted in to text messaging from Saint Susanna. To opt in, please text YES to 87569. You will then receive future text messages from us. I use these very sparingly to communicate issues of an immediate nature.
Enrollment for 2022-2023 is underway. The enrollment link for current families can be found here: https://saintsusannaschool.com/enroll Enrolling siblings of current students can be done at https://saintsusannaschool.com/apply
Our annual Open House is scheduled for January 23rd from 12:45 - 2:45 PM. This is for new and current families. Current families are welcome to visit their students' current and future classrooms. We also invite our middle school students, former students, and current families to serve as tour guides for our new families. Please email me to sign up as a tour guide at email@example.com
Registration for new families begins with the January 23rd Open House. We would like to have our current families complete registration by then. Please contact me with any questions you may have.
Lastly, we are looking to add adult or responsible high schoolers to our part-time EDM staff. EDM staff would work after school for a few hours each (or most) days. We also are looking for additional substitute teachers. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more.
Janet Abdoulaye, Principal
- Regular uniform
- Early release at 2:50 PM
- 8:45 AM - School Mass hosted by 7th Grade
Saint Susanna Intramural Basketball - Grades 1-4
- WHO: SCHOOL AND PARISH BOYS & GIRLS 1ST THRU 4TH GRADES
- SEASON: PRACTICES WILL BEGIN LAST WEEK OF FEBRUARY/FIRST WEEK OF MARCH. THIS WILL BE BASED ON GYM AVAILABILITY. GAMES WILL BE PLAYED MONDAYS THRU THURSDAYS AND SATURDAYS. THE SEASON WILL CONCLUDE THE THURSDAY BEFORE SPRING BREAK.
- COST: $25/PLAYER INCLUDES TEAM T-SHIRT
- REGISTER: ONLINE SIGN-UP CAN BEGIN IMMEDIATELY. REGISTRATION ENDS ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 18!!! SIGN UP AT: https://www.saintsusannaschool.com/cyo
- Click on St. Susanna Online Sports Registration Form
- For sport, click on IM BASKETBALL ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY!
EVALUATIONS: 1ST & 2ND GRADERS - 6PM AT ZORE HALL, MONDAY, FEBRUARY 21;
3RD & 4TH GRADERS – 7 PM AT ZORE HALL, MONDAY, FEBRUARY 21
**EVALUATIONS ARE MANDATORY**
$25 PAYMENT CAN BE MADE ONLINE OR BEFORE EVALS. NO EVALS TILL PAYMENT RECEIVED. MANDATORY EVALUATIONS ARE USED TO HELP PICK TEAMS EVENLY.
COACHES: THIS IS A GREAT WAY TO GET THOSE SERVICE HOURS.
INTRAMURALS IS ABOUT HAVING TONS OF FUN WITH FRIENDS AND CLASSMATES ALL THE WHILE LEARNING THE FUNDAMENTALS OF BASKETBALL. VOLUNTEER COACHES ARE WHAT MAKE THIS LEAGUE SO SPECIAL, NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY! THE MORE COACHES WE HAVE THE MORE TEAMS WE HAVE TO MAXIMIZE THE KIDS PLAYING TIME.
DURING ONLINE REGISTRATION YOU’LL SEE A BOX YOU CAN CLICK TO SIGN UP AS COACH.
QUESTIONS: EMAIL CYO AT: email@example.com
*SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR INTRAMURAL SPONSORS*
STATE FARM AGENT – JIM FLANAGAN, JIMMY JOHNS OF AVON AND PLAINFIELD, JACK’S DONUTS AND BUILDOUT SPECIALIST
The service hour tracking form can be found here and a copy will be sent home in the back-to-school packets. We ask that each family complete five service hours this school year. These hours can be completed during school or parish events.
Upcoming events include:
- Silent Auction class art project. Each grade is looking for a parent volunteer(s) to coordinate an art project to be auctioned off at the Signature Event! Please contact Gaytanna McGuire for more information and/or to volunteer. firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-720-0225.
The CDC recently released updated quarantine guidelines for COVID exposures. At this time, we are not changing our protocols to reflect this new guidance. We will continue with the 10-day quarantines for unvaccinated students who are close contacts to a positive case.
The Pfizer COVID vaccination is now available for all children ages 5 and up. This vaccination is not required for school attendance, but aside from preventing illness, there are some school advantages to vaccination. Vaccinated students and adults are exempt from close contact quarantines, unless they begin to show symptoms of infection themselves. Higher vaccination rates among school children will slow outbreaks and keep more students in class.
We will keep a confidential list of vaccinated students that I will use when conducting contact tracing. These parents will still be notified of a close contact, but the student will not have a mandatory quarantine. To add your child(ren) to the list, please send a copy of the vaccination card to email@example.com when it is complete.
Dress Code Reminders
- Uniform pants must have belt loops and a belt should be worn.
- Polo shirts should be uniform style and can be light blue or white, from any uniform vendor.
- The red uniform shirts must be monogrammed and purchased from Educational Apparel.
- Our plaid uniform jumpers, skirts, and skorts can also be purchased from Educational Apparel.
- Shirts must be tucked in.
- Undershirts may be worn under a uniform shirt and must be white.
- Students may not wear boots during the school day.
- Clothes should be neat and free of holes and tears.
2022-2023 Calendar Dates
First Day of School: Tuesday, August 9, 2022
Labor Day: September 5th
Fall Break: October 10th - 14th (2nd full week of October)*
Thanksgiving: November 23rd – 27th
Christmas Break: Friday, December 23 – Sunday, January 8th
Dr. King Holiday: Monday, January 16th
Presidents Day: February 20th
Spring Break: March 27th -31st
Easter Monday: April 10th
Last Day of School: Thursday, May 25, 2023
*Thank you to all who participated in the fall break survey. More families indicated a preference for the second week of October for fall break by a narrow margin. I have changed the date accordingly.
A few reminders:
- Recess is outdoors for the full scheduled time when the temperature is 32 degrees or above, including wind chill.
- Recess is outdoors for 15 minutes when the temperature is between 10 and 32, including wind chill.
- Recess is indoors when the temperature is below 10 degrees. Recess will also be indoors when it is raining or when the conditions outside warrant it such as an icy parking lot or a snow covered playground.
Inclement Weather - School Closings and Delays
- Our communication system which will call, text, and email the parents and guardians listed in our student information system.
- Our social media pages
- Major local television news programs
In the case of a 2-hour delay, there will be no 1/2 day preschool or prekindergarten classes on that day and morning care will open at 9:00 AM for all other students.
Students may be referred to Ms. Evans by teachers or the principal for a one-time visit. After that, parents must complete an consent form for continued visits. The consent form is available at the end of the Monday Memo or in the school office. You can reach Ms. Evans directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Easy Fund-Raising for Saint Susanna Catholic School!
Box Tops for Education
Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Download the new Box Tops App (iTunes or Google Play) – it’s free
- Step 2: Create a username and connect it to your child’s school
- Step 3: Scan your grocery store receipt. Items with the new Box Tops label will be automatically credited to your school
Does this mean I should stop sending in my paper Box Tops that I have already clipped? No! Continue to send those to the school!
Kroger Community Rewards
Information on the Kroger Community Rewards program can be found here on their website or under the "rewards" tab in your Kroger app. You will need to search for the exact name of our organization as SAINT SUSANNAS SCHOOL PTP . From there, you can link your Kroger card with our organization and a portion of your spending at Kroger will come to us.
St. Susanna Catholic School's mission is to provide a Christ-centered, quality education that prepares and inspires its students to excel as they progress in their scholastic careers. Based on Catholic teachings, our students and staff exemplify the value of faith, service, love, and respect in all situations and with all people.