The Warrior Watch
September 11, 2023 - No. 3
The Power of a Positive Educator
More from Jon Gordon -
Celebrate Success – One of the simplest, most powerful things you can do for yourself, and your students is to celebrate your daily successes. Instead of thinking of all things that went wrong at school each day focus on the one thing that went right. Try this: Each night before you go to bed think about the one great thing about your day. If you do this, you’ll look forward to creating more success tomorrow. Also have your students do this as well. Each night they will go to bed feeling like a success and they will wake up with more confidence to take on the day.
Expect to Make a Difference – When positive educators walk into their classroom, they expect to make a difference in their student’s lives. In fact, making a difference is the very reason why they became a teacher in the first place and this purpose continues to fuel them and their teaching. They come to school each day thinking of ways they can make a difference and expecting that their actions and lessons will lead to positive outcomes for their students. They win in their mind first and then they win in the hearts and minds of their students.
~More to come in another edition.....
lunch at bailey inglish
pe at finley-oates
kindergarteners learning how to use a mouse
new teacher university
Bonham ISD teachers with less than one year of teaching experience have been invited to the 2023-2024 New Teacher University cohort group. Mr. Chris Dickson and Mrs. Jenny Haggard, BISD Instructional Specialists, lead the half-day sessions throughout the year.
It is a great time for our new teachers to ask all those questions they either didn't learn in college or they haven't been taught in their alternative certification program yet. In addition, they can learn more about the 'Bonham Way' of teaching and the specifics about what expectations we have of them and for our students.
bhs golf team participates in rotary golf tournament
bhs homecoming court 2023
Freshman: Arienna Aguilar, Roxy Aguilar, Adyson Jaynes, Kimberly Manuel
Sophomore: Princess Arrey, Katherine Erazo-Montoya, Avery Lea, Fatima Puente,
Junior: Leslie Cruz, Roxanna Gonzalez-Solano, Landry Person, Emma Walker
Senior: Kimberly Aguilar, Kaitana Hill, Kylee Trompler,
payroll specialist appreciation day
WELCOME to Amy Busbey, Payroll Specialist. Amy began working in her position on Tuesday and is definitely deserving of the special recognition on Friday.
We appreciate the experience she brings to the position and are already excited about how quickly she is learning the specifics of payroll within Bonham ISD.
homecoming activities - september 11 - 15
next board meeting
Relay for Life
walk 4 hope
bisd fall service project - spirit of giving
- Tue. Sept. 12 – BHS VB @ Home (Gunter) (JV2, JV, V); 5:00
- Thurs. Sept. 14 - LHR & BHS Cross Country @ Miller Grove; 4:00
- Thur. Sept. 14 – LHR FB @ Home (Callisburg); 5:00
- Thur. Sept. 14 – BHS JV FB @ Callisburg; 5:30
- Fri. Sept. 15 - BHS Homecoming Pep Rally; 10:45
- Fri. Sept. 15 – BHS VB @ Home (Bells) (V, JV/JV2); 4:30
- Fri. Sept. 15 – BHS FB @ Home (Callisburg) - HOMECOMING; 7:00
- Mon. Sept. 18 - LHR VB @ Howe (7B 8B 7A 8A); 5:00
- Tue. Sept. 19 - BHS VB @ Pottsboro (JV2/JV, V); 5:00
- Thur. Sept. 21 - BHS Cross Country @ Emory Rains; 8:00 AM
- Thur. Sept. 21 - LHR FB @ Commerce; 5:00
- Thur. Sept. 21 - BHS JV FB @ Home (Commerce); 5:30
- Fri. Sept. 22 - BHS VB @ Howe (V, JV/JV2); 4:30
- Fri. Sept. 22 - BHS FB @ Commerce; 7:00