July Summer School 2020
Know Before You Go
Parents should have received an email from their child’s school with directions for the first day of summer school. Please remind your child who their teacher is and their room number to help with the re-entry transition. Parents may go their SIS Parent Portal to access that information: SIS Parent Portal Link
Incoming kindergarten students should come with a note with your child's first and last name and your child's teacher's name. This will help ease any apprehensions your new student may have on the first day of Summer Discovery.
Water bottles clearly marked with your child's name is recommended.
All student meals will be free for the month of July
Masks are encouraged for students ages 10 and up. Please mark your student's name inside their mask. The district will not be providing masks to students.
All students will be educated on hygiene procedures including proper handwashing practices. Hand sanitizer stations will be in all classrooms and throughout the schools along with our buses.
No backpack for summer programs.
For the safety of our students. We are not permitting guests inside our buildings.
Stay Home If...
- Temperature greater than 99.9
- Abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea
- Muscle pain
- New loss of taste or sense of smell
- New-onset of fatigue
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- If a member of your household has a confirmed case of COVID-19
Keep your child home if you have any health concerns and we ask that you contact the school nurse. All precautions identified above may be modified in accordance with guidance from local health officials, the CDC, and state governing organizations.
Safety precautions for student bus riders will include:
- Students will use hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting the bus
- Students and staff may use personal protective devices (face coverings/gloves)
- Siblings will be seated together whenever possible
- Each bus will be disinfected after the morning and evening routes
- Students will get their hands stamped prior to leaving the bus to assist the student in knowing their bus number (Grades K-6)
Use the following link to access school bus routes: https://www.mvr3.k12.mo.us/o/mvriii/page/transportation--414
Reminder...We do NOT have early release days during the month of July.
While the COVID-19 situation remains fluid, we have a plan to return to summer activities on July 6th that was created in collaboration with the Franklin County Department of Health and MSHAA guidelines.
Our schedule of summer events has been adapted and can be viewed at this link. Summer Camp Flyer Link: https://core-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/asset/uploaded_file/782802/Summer_Camp_Flyer_2020.pdf
We have summarized some key points of our plan below. You will need to be aware of them in order to participate this summer.
1) We are currently planning to offer summer activities as an option for our students. They are not a requirement to be a part of any group or team during the school year and students should not feel pressured to participate in them. Each family should make their own decision regarding whether or not they are comfortable participating.
2) A waiver is attached to this message. It must be signed and physically returned prior to participation on July 6. It may also be scanned and emailed, or faxed to firstname.lastname@example.org, / Fax: 636.271.1420 (ATTN: Lauren Quennoz).
3) Each day, athletes will go through a screening process (face coverings are preferred during the screening) from Mercy personnel. The screening will include a temperature check with a non-contact infrared thermometer and a health questionnaire. After clearing the screening process, they will then be able to remove their face coverings. Our coaching staff will go through the same screening process as our students, daily.
4) Parents dropping students off are asked to wait in their cars until their student has cleared the screening process. Parents remaining on campus during practices are asked to remain in their cars for the entirety of practice and will be provided no access to the building, restrooms, etc.
5) Students and parents are asked to familiarize themselves with the designated parking and screening areas for each team prior to coming to a scheduled practice. These can be found at the link above. Please contact us with questions in advance.
6) Students are asked to bring their own clearly marked water bottles to every practice. Students should not share water bottles at any time.
7) When potential bad weather is in the forecast, our goal will be to cancel events before students come to campus. We may get this wrong and cancel on a day that ends up being beautiful. Please bear with us. Our goal will be to err on the side of caution.
8) Finally, please understand that we are on track to be in Phase II of the Meramec Valley R-III School District’s Re-Entry Plan. Please consider this when determining whether or not you are comfortable with your student participating in these optional activities.
Please sign the attached waiver and bring a copy to the first day of camp. Parents may get a hard copy of the waiver from the Activities Department on the first day of camp.
Rather than waiting for MSHSAA to make a decision about the school year, we would encourage you to consider taking care of your physical requirements early as you normally would. More people than normal are likely waiting until the last minute this summer, which could cause a backup in appointments with local healthcare providers. If you would like to get your physical done in the Pacific community, see the list of healthcare options that offer sports physicals in our community. PHS will not host a physical day on campus this year.
Healthy Balance Chiropractic - 220 N. 7th Street- Pacific. 636-393-8685
Sports/ School Physicals for $35
CVS - 2120 Osage Street West, Pacific.
**Other medical offices in the Pacific community may offer sports/school physicals.
FALL ACTIVITIES/ATHLETIC REGISTRATION
Students planning to participate in a fall activity must register for the activity by using the following link: Fall Athletic Registration
Any parents needing support with the online registration may contact Lauren Quennoz at email@example.com or call 636-271-1414.
Stay informed by following the the PHS Activities/Athletics on Twitter @PHS_Athletics.