The Buccaneer Bulletin
Principal Newsletter - November 4, 2022
Veterans Day Ceremony
Time: 10 am
Location: HBMS Main Gym
Outline of Events
- HBMS will honor our veterans with a ceremony put on by our Fine Arts department.
- Veterans may attend this ceremony by submitting an RSVP using this link.
- There will be a welcome breakfast for our veterans in attendance starting at 9:30am.
- Due to limited space in the gym, this event is only open to students, staff, and veterans that RSVP (not all parents).
- If you have a veteran in your family, please complete one of these slides to add to our display. Share or email your final slides to Ms. Capp at Cappadonnasmithj@ltisdschools.org. To share a google slide click the "Share" button at the top left, and add Julianne Cappadonna Smith.
- For the ceremony, please wear the following colors: 6th grade- white, 7th grade- blue, 8th grade- red
Day of Service
Students will be bussed to a location in the community with their Grow Time class and teacher to do a service project. Your student's Grow Time will vote today on what type of service project they want to do.
Here is some basic information for you to know about the Day of Service:
- Your student will be with their Grow Time class for this day.
- All students and staff will leave campus around 9:30am and return to campus by 1:30pm.
- Your student will need to bring a sack lunch or buy a sack lunch from the cafeteria that day. They will eat at the site of their project.
- All students will be back at HBMS by 1:30pm to continue activities throughout the afternoon related to their service project.
- Parents can meet their student at their site for the service project if you wish to do so. You are required to fill out this Form if you plan on attending with your student. Your student's teacher will have a Raptor visitor badge for you at the site once you RSVP with the link above.
- You cannot take your student to the site or "check them out" at the site. Your student will ride to and from their service site on the LTISD bus.
We could not be more excited for this year's Day of Service, as it is an incredibly powerful and unforgettable day for all involved. Thank you to everyone who has helped make this happen!
8th Grade Planning Support for High School Transition
- Our 8th grade counselor, Mrs. Scholla, will be meeting with 8th graders on Fridays to present career and high school planning information.
- Meetings will be virtual during Go Time.
- Topics presented will include researching careers of interest, discussing Programs of Study, Graduation Requirements and Endorsements, looking at how career clusters match the high school course catalog, and introducing the Graduation Plan.
- The presentations will run through mid-January.
Thank you to Ms. Scholla for providing this much needed information for our 8th grade students!
HBMS Spirit Store
We are also offering a half-off sale on all the remaining PROUD shirts and hoodies.
Morning & Afternoon Homework Help
BEFORE SCHOOL - 7:20-8:20am (Monday-Friday)
- Room 748 with Mr. Beatty
- Library with Ms. Hooker
- Room 775 with Mr. Gaffney
AFTER SCHOOL - 4:20-5:20pm (Monday-Thursday)
- Mondays and Wednesdays - Room 752 with Mr. Zambito
- Tuesdays and Thursdays - Room 775 with Mr. Gaffney
- There will not be Homework Help on Friday afternoons
As a reminder, we do not have late buses running routes this year, so if your child stays after school for Homework Help, it is the expectation that you pick him/her up at 5:20pm.
Thank you for your kind donations and supporting our Buccaneers in this capacity.
Did a teacher or staff member do something outstanding for your child? Use this Form to submit a staff shout out! This will be printed and delivered to the staff member by Ms. Keogh.
HBMS Leadership Team
Assistant Principal: Matt Holley
Counselor: Dana Page
Assistant Principal: Brian Gill
Counselor: JoAnn Bryan
Assistant Principal: Cristy Castanares
Counselor: Surita Scholla
Miss a Newsletter?
Please note that The Buccaneer Bulletin is sent to the email addresses you have listed in Skyward Family Access. If you are not receiving weekly newsletters, please verify that your information is correct in Skyward.