This week we had wonderful surprise! Mr. Wilson, a real marine biologist, came to visit our classroom. He brought a variety of live sea creatures for the children to see and even touch! We saw a nurse shark, crabs and something called a chocolate chip sea star. We were particularly delighted to see some seahorses!
We also read a funny story called "How To Lose All Your Friends." We talked about the qualities it takes to be a good friend. Later we wrote a class "flip" book called "How to Make a Friend and How to Lose a Friend."
At math time the class explored simple measurement and used the words longer, shorter and same as.
* How do you play the games "Ducks in Row" and "Blink."
* Of all the creatures that Mr. Wilson brought which one did you think was most interesting? Why?
* What are some things a good friend does?
Fun Things To Do At Home
* Listen to a favorite song or piece of music. Do you notice any patterns in the sounds you hear?
* Find things in your house that are taller, shorter and about the same height as you.
* Read the poem of the week.
Poem of the week: "Make New Friends"
Make new friends
But keep the old
One is silver
And the other gold.