Prescription Drug Abuse
What is Vicodin?
What are the effects of Vicodin?
Some Interesting things?
- Over the eight-year period between 1990 and 1998, there were 56,000 emergency room visits associated with liver damage from acetaminophen use.More than 450 of those people died.
- Do you watch the TV show "House"? The lead character, a doctor, is thoroughly addicted to Vicodin.
- If taken when in severe pain, Vicodin does not get a person "high," but it does if it's taken when NOT in pain.
- Taking Vicodin can make you constipated.
- It depletes the natural "opiates" in your brain - the chemicals that make you happy and ambitious and optimistic.
- Vicodin addiction is not rare, in fact in a 2006 survey more than 6.4 million people reported that they have misused prescription medication and all indications are that a lot of those have misused Vicodin.
Your not 60! Tell that to your liver, Vicodins Bad.
Where can you go for help?
-Sierra Tucson: Offering Premium Individualized Treatment & Recovery Programs for More Than 30 Years
Signs of addicton
Vicodin can cause psychosocial, psychological, mental, and physical problems which often consist of the lack and interest in family and friends and health issues. One of the biggest signs of the addiction is when you start to pull yoursefl out of society.
- The effects of the powerful narcotic (hydrocodone) dull with time and abusers are likely to raise the dose considerably as they become tolerant. However, tolerance does not develop to the effects of the acetaminophen in the pill which can cause liver and kidney damage in high doses.
- Loss of family and friends.
- Financial burden.
How do you get addicted?
It usually starts with having to take vicodin for an injury. Thats when you are most likey to get hooked.
Here is how you know your addicted:
- if you "nod out" regularly
-Obsession wth Vicodin
-Extreme physical side effects
-Procuring more Vicodin fradulently
- Extreme personal loss
Are there treatments?
YES! There are triditional twelve step programs you can enroll to. You can enroll yourself into a rehailitation center. The procees is hard but it will get easier over time, you can get through this.