Identity Theft on Social Networking
IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE! by @miriam_duncann
How can YOU prevent Identity Theft?
- Use your name in usernames: Instead of "cute" names like @that_blonde_gurl, you may want to use your actual name, this is a simple way to prevent having your identity stolen
- NEVER give out personal information, such as your address, birth date, or social security number (not smart)
- Change your passwords every 1-3 months
- Forgot your password? make sure you have security questions where the answer is not easily found. Make up your own questions!
- Use Caution, don't give away your travel plans, etc on sites like Facebook, this can make things even easier for identity thieves
- TURN OFF LOCATIONS!