Weekly Newsletter- Dr. Jason D. Streeter, Principal
Wildcats Hard at Work!
Lights, Camera, Action!
Special thanks to the JWLA live broadcast producer Ms. Nickerson. The Wildcat background is a great addition.
Wildcat of the Week (Staff) - Joseph Napier
Week in Review
Star Assessment Procedures/ Roles of Instructional Tutors has been replaced on Google Drive. Click Here
Teachers began developing student learning objectives.
Student Learning Objectives are due September 23. The form is provided here.
- Complete one for Reading and Math
- Encore teachers complete one for content area, using grade the level assigned for chosen class.
- Please refer to student growth guide 7-21.
The Weeks Ahead/Upcoming Dates
- Monday, 9/19- Grades 6-8 will shift to the self contained mixed gender model.
- Monday, 9/19 Sped Meeting BOLA
- Wednesday 9/21 - Curriculum Night- Click here for the curriculum night checklist. Click here for early PTC sign up sheet
- Thursday, 10/27 Parent Teacher Conference 4pm-7pm Click here for PTC documents
- Friday, 10/28 Parent Teacher Conference 8am-11am Click here for PTC documents
Show Them The Wildcat Way!
- Please display student work and artifacts in the halls and classrooms.
- Teachers should continue analyzing data.
- Teachers in Grades K-8 should continue debriefing reports for math and reading
- Teachers should continue reviewing tutorials in Renaissance University (refer to the suggested learning plan sent on 9/14/16).
After School Tutoring Program (Tues & Thurs)
- Permission slips are due to district office Tuesday, September 20, 2016.
- Bus lists are due Wednesdays, September 21, 2016.
- After School I-Ready and Tutor Meetings: September 26th at JWLA / September 27th at BOLA
- After school program starts Tuesday October 11, 2016
- 1 st Qtr. Scope and Sequences will be completed by Monday, September 19, 2016.
- 6th - 8th curriculum maps (entire year) will completed by September 30, 2016.
- K -5th curriculum maps (entire year) will be completed by Monday, October 31, 2016.
- All maps are shared in google docs with the appropriate teachers and principals.
Arrival and Dismissal:
Prompt arrival to your 7:35 morning duty is essential to the success of our student arrival process. Please read the morning duty schedule to identify your role and responsibility to ensure The Jesse C. White Learning Academy is a safe and successful school.
Please arrive promptly at 7:45 to pick up your students from the designated areas.
ALL Staff members are expected to use the Raptor System to sign in and to sign out.
Please review homework guidelines.
All Teachers must input (2) grades, per subject weekly into Power-School.
Progress Reports / Report Cards:
Review the Progress Report and Report Card Distribution Memo.
Please review this document in your Common Plan Time meetings this week. Add how your grade level plans to meet the requirements. Click here
Please see dates for lesson plan submissions.
Common Plan Time Meetings
Share Minutes and Agendas to your shared folders. Please submit agendas prior to meeting and submit minutes immediately after meeting.