News from Fourth Grade
March 21-March 24
This week we will be continuing our integrated social studies unit focused on colonial America. We will be picking out important details from a text and identifying the perspective a text is being told from. Throughout this unit we will be focusing on understanding why this period in time is important to us today.
Remember students should be recording their 30 minutes of reading every night on their home reading log and turning it in every Friday!
This week we will be moving into our next math unit. We will be learning about how to multiply a whole number and a fraction and reviewing what we already know about fractions (comparing, ordering, adding, subtracting, etc.).
Remember students should be completing their math practice problems during the course of the week on turning them in every Friday!
Weekly Home Expectations
- 30 minutes of reading a night recorded on Home Reading Log
- Weekly math practice (on the back of the Home Reading Log)
- Math facts practice (IXL, xtramath, fashcards, Prodigy, etc.)
IXL Lesson Suggestions:
- Fractions - Fourth Grade Q.6, Q.7, Q.11, Q.16, Q.19, Q.20, R.1, R.7, S.2, S.4
- Fact Practice - Fourth Grade B.1, C.1, D.1, E.1, F.1
- There is no after school program this week. The after school program will begin again after Spring Break.
- Spring Picture Day - Thursday, March 24
- End of 3rd Quarter - Thursday, March 24
- NO SCHOOL-Friday, March 25
- Spring Break - March 25 to April 1 (School resumes on Monday, April 3)
- Please remember that students are no longer allowed to bring in birthday treats. However, they may bring in a non-food item to share with their classmates on their birthday. There are 20 students in our classroom.