Home of the Cougars!!
April 8, 2016
April 8th - Field day t-shirt order forms go home with students
April 15th - Carnival
April 15th - Send home box tops flyer w/ kids
April 22nd - Deadline for field day t-shirts
April 22nd - 4th grade t-shirt orders go home with students
- April 29th - deadline for 4th grade t-shirts
- Summer School forms will be sent home on Monday. If interested, please fill out and return to school with your student. The deadline is April 29th.
4th Grade Music Concert - Friday, May 6th
- The performance is entitled "When I Grow Up."
- Students line up in the gym - 6:45 pm (Please, keep your students with you until that time.) Concert begins - 7:00 pm
- Please, have your students dress in nice clothes for the performance.
- Note: Due to safety concerns, please do not allow children to climb or play on the risers before and after the performances. Also, due to safety concerns, please do not allow children to run, jump, or play on the gym bleachers. Thank you!
Please visit our school website for more information: http://creekmoorelementary.weebly.com/
Voters pass $27 million bond issue with 79.85 percent approval
Ray-Pec voters on April 5 approved the $27 million bond issue. Unofficial election results show that the question passed with 79.85 percent approval.
Cass County election results showed 3,745 "yes" votes and 945 "no" votes.
Superintendent Dr. Kari Monsees thanked community members, parents, and staff for support of the bond issue.
"We appreciate the overwhelming support of the community on this bond issue," he said. "The improvements will benefit our students for many years to come."
Construction work at the high school should begin shortly after the end of the school year. Read more: http://www.raypec.k12.mo.us/index.aspx?NID=1040
Voters elect Bailey, Edmonsond to Board
Voters on April 5 elected Kim Bailey and Susan Edmonsond to serve three-year terms on the School Board. Six candidates were seeking the two available seats. Bailey and Edmonson will replace incumbents Leo Anderson and Joe Anthuis on the Board.
Unofficial election results show these vote totals:
- Leo Anderson, 1,524 votes
- Lane T. Lucas, 902 votes
- Susan Edmonsond, 1,630 votes
- Joe Anthuis, 1,004 votes
- Kim Bailey, 1,926 votes
- Patrick S. Clark, 1,159 votes
- Write-in candidates, 24 votes
A reorganization meeting, at which new Board members will take the oath of office and Board officers for the coming year will be elected, is scheduled forTuesday, April 19.
Raymore Day at the K is April 24
You may now order tickets for the 9th annual Raymore Day at the K. Make plans to see the Kansas City Royals vs. Baltimore Orioles at 1:15 p.m. Sunday, April 24, at Kauffman Stadium.
The Bridle Ridge and Eagle Glen sixth grade choirs are scheduled to perform the National Anthem. Members of the South Metro Fire Protection District will present the honor guard.
Tickets are $27 in the Outfield Plaza section or $16 in the Hy-Vee View section. Parking passes are available for $10. Ticket orders must be received by March 23. Flyer: http://www.raypec.k12.mo.us/DocumentCenter/View/9148