The Colt Classified
April 16, 2018
IOWA and CogAt Assessments
2nd through 8th grade students will take the IOWA Assessments beginning tomorrow through Thursday. Testing will take place from 8:30 a.m. to approximately noon. It's important that all students arrive to school on time each day so as not to disrupt the testing environment.
Students who are testing are encouraged to eat a healthy breakfast each morning and are asked to bring a healthy snack each day e.g. banana, granola bar.
2017-2018 School Survey
- Proof envelope must be returned with order. The envelope has an ID# for each student.
- Only return the envelope if you are purchasing pictures.
- Make checks payable to Provine School Pictures.
- Please enclose correct amount of change.
- You may write one check for 2 or more siblings.
Theology of the Body Middle School Parent Information Session
Middle School parents are encouraged to attend this informative session to learn how the program will be implemented in the curriculum and how you can reinforce these teachings at home with your student. Please make plans to join us this Thursday, April 19th at 6:00 p.m. in Prefontaine Hall.
CCCS Teachers Engaged in Professional Development
CCCS Athletes Soar in Track!
- Carrick Brogan, 1st place, 8th grade boys long jump
- Joseph Lewis, 1st place, 7th grade boys discus
- Persia Fombin, 1st place, 8th grade girls discus
- The 6th grade girls 4x100 A team (Mia Arroyo, Amy Burdzinski, Eva Galka, Claire Okotie) won first place in the 6th grade girls 4x100 relay
- The 8th grade boys 4x100 relay (Grant Arnold, Carrick Brogan, Ben Garcia, Zach Lebsack) won first place in the 4x100 relay
Way to go Colts!
Mad Science is Coming to CCCS!
Family Science Night Sponsored by our Fabulous PSO
Friday, April 20th in Prefontaine Hall
6:00pm - 7:00pm - Hands-on STREAM activities created by our Fabulous teachers!
7:00pm - 8:00pm - Fire and Ice Show presented by Mad Science of Houston!
Hamburgers and Hot dogs will be prepared by the Knights of Columbus and available for sale. All proceeds benefit the 8th grade trip to Washington D.C.
Come out and have some fun with science!
Spring Fling News
The next "Ticket Turn-in Thursday" for Spring Fling raffle tickets is this Thursday, April 19th. Students - bring your raffle ticket envelopes containing sold raffle tickets with money collected and turn in to your homeroom teacher. Spring Fling t-shirts (earned for selling 8 raffle ticket books) can be worn to school with uniform bottoms each Thursday in April.
Want to be in the running for a weekly prize? Students' names will be entered into a weekly Colt prize drawing for every 12 books sold. Prizes include $25 gift cards and CCCS Spirit Store items. Top 2 sellers will win a $100 Amazon gift card. And…if we reach our $23k goal, CCCS students will win a fun day on the Monday after Spring Fling, April 30th! Students will enjoy Pajama Day, a half day read-a-thon, music during lunch and ….Dr. McCoy will be dressed according to the whims of the 8th grade class!
The CCCS community supports the parish Spring Fling raffle with the sales of raffle tickets. A portion of the proceeds benefit our students by providing operating dollars to the school. This fundraising helps to bridge the gap between tuition fees and the actual cost to educate each student.
Ticket counters needed! Your help is needed with counting raffle tickets on “Ticket Turn-in Thursdays” in April and the last Friday of April. Meet in the Jones room at 8:00 a.m. for coffee and counting. Get volunteer hours! Thank you to the fabulous crew who helped count this past Thursday!
Booth Volunteers Needed
Volunteering is fun! We support the parish by providing volunteers for Spring Fling booths. Each class has been assigned a booth to man in one hour shifts. Everything will be set up and provided. All you have to do is show up and have fun!
Please click on the following link to sign-up https://tinyurl.com/2018CCCS. This is a great opportunity to earn parent volunteer hours and/or middle school service hours. Thank you Mr. Mike Rohlfs for spearheading this effort!
Volunteer Appreciation Brunch
Teacher Appreciation Committee Seeks Your Input!
- For the repose of the soul of Mr. Aaron "Skip" Deacon, grandfather of Ian (6th ) and Gavin (2nd) Hernandez
- For God's healing of Mr. Danny Granados, father of Vidalael (4th)
- For God's healing of Mr. Luis Gomez, great uncle of Gabriella LaBarrie (K)
- For God's healing of Ms. Norma Martinez, former cafeteria employee (Catering for Kids)