AIS Friday Flash
Friday, February 17, 2022
"Set It & Forget It" Continuous Re-enrollment
Re-enrollment has begun! Please check your inboxes (sent to 1 "enrollment responsible" parent/guardian) for emailed information, a process flowchart, and Frequently Asked Questions about our new Continuous Enrollment Process. We have also shared the 2022-2023 School Calendar and the 2022-2023 Tuition & Fees Schedule here. Please note the important required steps summarized below for our new streamlined process.
Registration for new families will begin on March 1st, so secure your spot by February 28th with the following steps.
If returning to AIS:
- You are automatically pre-enrolled to secure a spot for the 2022-2023 school year and every year after until your child(ren) graduate from AIS.
- Your child(ren)'s re-enrollment is finalized when you complete your Continuous Enrollment Contract (CEC) by 2/28/22. (One & Done - This will be the last enrollment you need to complete for AIS unless you choose to opt out in a future year.)
- Families should also update important information in the WebForms section of their Family Portal by 3/31/22.
- Families should also update FACTS information and select a payment plan by 3/31/22.
- Deposits and fees will be auto charged on 5/1/22.
Completing the necessary steps by the end of February allows families to take advantage of early commitment discounted tuition plus a deferred payment plan to begin in August 2022 for the remaining tuition installments as elected.
- If CECs are not completed in February, tuition rates increase, deposits and annual fees will be due upon processing, and remaining tuition installments will begin each month thereafter. In addition, due to limited capacity in numerous grades, class spaces may not be guaranteed as enrollment for new students begins March 1st.
If you will NOT be returning to AIS:
- You must let AIS know by 2/28/22 via an Opt-Out Form. Otherwise, deposit and fees will be withdrawn in May.
- Please reach out to Mathilde or April with any questions or to set up a time to discuss your considerations further.
- Complete a new student application in RenWeb
- You will receive an offer to enroll before March 1st outlining the next steps.
Spring Break Camp Registration
We are excited to offer a Disney's Moana-themed Camp the week of March 21st - March 25th during the second week of our AIS Spring Break. So, come escape with us to a tropical paradise to Ancient Polynesia. Only a few spots remain so sign up quickly. Camp information is as follows.
- Our MS & GS students can register here for our Tiki half-day camp from 9 am to 12 pm for $165/week.
- Our CP, CE1, & CE2 students can register here for our Māori full-day camp from 9 am - 3 pm for $300/week.
- Optional early-drop off may be elected for $50/week.
- No after-school care is available. Half-day campers must be picked up promptly by noon. and Maori campers must be picked up promptly by 3:00 pm.
- All campers should bring a full water bottle daily and a morning snack. Cycle 2 campers should also bring a packed lunch.
Bourse Deadline Today
For French families applying for the Bourse scolaire, please be advised that the deadline to submit all material to the school's Admissions Office was today. If you have not yet done so, please submit your packet on Monday morning. If you need any support with the completion of this documentation, please reach out to Jacques.
AIS Spelling Bee Interest
We have begun exploration of participating in an AIS spelling bee. The purpose of a spelling bee is to help students improve their spelling, increase their vocabulary, and learn concepts that will help them throughout their lives. Across the country, millions of students are preparing to compete in spelling bees at the school, local, district, county, regional, and state levels. Some may even advance to the Scripps National Spelling Bee competition in June 2022. While we are not part of the official Scripps competition this year, we are interested in holding a school-wide spelling bee using the Scripps format and word lists. We wish to know if this is something our community would like to see at AIS. Please take a minute to fill out the form. Thank you!
We're Celebrating Black History Month at AIS
We are continuing our celebration of Black History Month at AIS through themed lessons, class discussions, and library readings. Our study of and appreciation for Black History Month highlights important principles we uphold at AIS, namely justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI). In honor of Black History Month and in support of people—real and fictional—who uphold these principles around the globe, Mr. Jacques has donated the following titles in French to the AIS library:
- Sur le vif
- Libre ! Harriet Tubman, une héroïne américaine
- Moi, Félix, sans papiers
- Gros chagrin
- Frida Kahlo : Non à la fatalité
To learn more about this year’s French literature donations made in honor of Black History Month, please visit this website. On the same site, you will also find more details about 2021 Black History Month library donations as well as many other JEDI-themed texts available in our school’s library.
CE2, CM1, CM2: Last Chance to Register for DELF A2!
The final deadline to register for the DELF A2 Prim is Friday, February 25. The DELF (Diplôme d'Études en Langue Française or Diploma of French Languages Studies) is an official qualification awarded by the French Ministry of Education to certify the competency of candidates from outside France in the French language. It is a certificate that is valid for life and is an excellent academic credential for your children to have. This exam will take place at AIS between March 8 and March 10, 2022 (i.e., individual speaking evaluation on March 8-9 and group written evaluation on March 10) for CE2, CM1, and CM2 students. Please take a moment to submit the online DELF registration form today to reserve your child’s spot!
Gala Wine Collection
Thank you to all our families for your generous wine contributions for our upcoming gala. We have collected over 100 bottles to incorporate into our silent auction. We could use some more, especially in our Middle School classes, so feel free to bring some next week as well and we will include them. Stay tuned for other important Gala updates coming soon!
Head of School Virtual Coffee - Thur., 3/3 9:00 am
Please join Jacques for the first Thursday virtual coffee on Thursday, March 3rd at 9 am to visit with other community members.
Skate Night Spirit Night - Fri., 3/4 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Join us for a night on wheels for a special Skate Night Spirit Night at Playland Skate Center. All guests must show the Spirit Night flyer at the door and for every sale, Playland will donate $4.00 back to AIS! Entry is $9.50 plus tax and includes skate rental and all the fun! It is strongly advised that AIS patrons wear masks while at this event. We look forward to seeing you there.
Staff In-Service/No School - Fri., 3/11
AIS will be closed on Friday, March 11th for a staff and faculty in-service day.
Zilker Theatre Productions Newsies Auditions at AIS - Sat. & Sun., 3/12 - 3/13
We are excited to once again partner with Zilker Theatre Productions for their annual musical production. ZTP will be conducting auditions the weekend of March 12th and 13th for their upcoming summer show, "Newsies". We will also host them for their rehearsals for the rest of the semester.
Spring Break/No School - 3/14 through 3/25
AIS will be closed for Spring Break the week of March 14th through 18th. We look forward to hosting our campers the week of March 21st for our Spring Break camp. Camp registration is shown above. We will see the rest of our families on Monday, March 28th.
Save the dates
Mark these important upcoming dates on your calendars.
- 3/3 HoS Virtual Coffee
- 3/4 Spirit Night at Playland Skate Center
- 3/11 Staff In-Service/No School
- 3/14-3/25 Spring Break
- 3/21-3/25 Spring Break Camp
- 3/31 March Board Meeting
- 4/2 11th Annual Gala