Explore Video Creation Tools
Tips and Tricks
- What is your why? Establish your purpose for creating videos.
- Limit your videos to under 5 minutes. Need it to be longer? Consider breaking it up by topic.
- Personalize it by including your webcam image in one of the corners of the screen.
- Test your video on multiple devices, if possible. Test your access in an incognito window.
- Get comfortable with one tool. Don't feel like you need to be the expert on them all. Teaching is overwhelming enough as it is.
- Make sure your videos are accessible. Viewers have various abilities and your videos need to have captioning. Pro Tip: Use the built-in Google Slides captioning!
- Think about the best way to make your video available to your audience. Let it live online (no need to download), set appropriate privacy/access settings, and send the link!
- Tips on how to look good on a webcam :)
Runs on Chrome for Windows, Mac, Linux and ChromeOS
Record Desktop, Browser Tabs, & Webcam
5-minute video limit
Unlimited # of videos over lifetime
Drawing Tools: Focus, Drawing, Highlight, Mouse effects
Saves to Google Drive
Share in Google Drive, Google Classroom, YouTube
- Video demonstrating how to move/remove your embedded webcam (45 seconds)
- Awesome lessons to become a Screencastify Genius in 45-min!
- PISD Hotspot page: https://www.pisd.edu/screencastify
BONUS! Unlock Premium Screencastify access through the end of the 2019/2020 school year! Use code CAST_COVID (Extended to June 30!)
PISD staff can use the premium version of WeVideo to create and edit videos, including recording their screen.
Watch the Quick Intro to WeVideo by PISD Instructional Technology
To access, add and launch the WeVideo tile in Webdesk (see image to the right).
- Access to premium videos, audio, and images
- Voice recording
- Green screen tools
- Screencasting tools
- Teachers can create groups for students to work collaboratively on a project! Instructions on Hotspot WeVideo page (below).
PISD Hotspot page: pisd.edu/wevideo
WeVideo Academy: https://www.wevideo.com/academy
FREE (part of the G Suite organization account)
8 hours recording time
For use on PCs, iPads, iPhones, Android
Webcam or share your screen
You can have a live chat (Q&A)! Be sure to unblock the link in your district.
Automatically have a recording at the end of your session
Make your videos unlisted or private
Does not use the memory on your device
Shareable on social media and Google Classroom
You can disable comments