December 10, 2021
Dear Warrior Families
Seniors Gina Brown and Adam Gousie 2 of 20 Massachusetts Seniors Moving on in a National Scholars Program!
Co-Nominated by Mr. Zinni and Dr. Mobley Gina Brown and Adam Gousie were selected by Commissioner of Education Jeff Riley to move forward in the US Presidential Scholars Program.
The U.S. Presidential Scholars Program was established in 1964, by executive order of the President, to recognize and honor some of our nation's most distinguished graduating high school seniors. In 1979, the program was extended to recognize students who demonstrate exceptional talent in the visual, creative and performing arts. In 2015, the program was again extended to recognize students who demonstrate ability and accomplishment in career and technical education fields. Each year, up to 161 students are named as Presidential Scholars, one of the nation's highest honors for high school students.
We want to hear from you! The Town of Wrentham is completing a Master Plan to guide how and where future growth occurs, as well as the Town's policies, investments, and decisions for the next ten years.
This survey kicks off Phase II of the Master Plan and includes questions about the opportunities and challenges related to open space and transportation.
Please know that this survey is anonymous and all questions are optional. It will take less than 10 minutes to complete. To find out the results of the survey once it's complete, please sign up for updates on the project webpage.
A Message from Mr. Zinni--Superintendent of Schools
Greetings King Philip Families. I am pleased to inform you that during Monday evening’s meeting, the school committee voted unanimously to adjust the 2021-2022 school calendar to make Thursday, December 23, 2021, a half-day for students. On behalf of the entire King Philip staff, I wish you the happiest of holidays and hope that you and your family enjoy this holiday season!
Paul A. Zinni, C.A.G.S.
Superintendent of Schools
King Philip Regional School District
18 King Street
Norfolk, MA 02056
Tel: (508) 520-7991
Fax: (508) 520-8315
January Mid-Year Evaluations
WHAT IS AN AUTHENTIC LEARNING EXPERIENCE? (ALE)
Authentic Learning Experiences allow students to explore, discuss, meaningfully construct concepts and analyze relationships of skills taught in the curriculum through real-life experiences and real-world connections.
Format of KPHS Authentic Learning Experiences (ALE)
ALE(s) will be administered over a four-day period in January. Two ALE's will occur each day, with the exception of the last day where there will be one ALE. (The actual schedule is below.)
January 18--Periods A and B dismissal 11:00
January 19--Periods C and D dismissal 11:00
January 20--Periods E and F dismissal 11:00
January 21--Period G and a make-up session dismissal at 9:40 before the make-up session
Please note that if a student misses an ALE for any reason they will be administered a traditional mid-year examination during the make-up session on Friday.
All courses will participate in ALE(s) with the exception of study halls and open campus.
The semester-based course will participate in end of course examination.
Students who have a study hall or open campus may sign in late or leave after their ALE for this week.
- Monday, December 13--NHS Induction Rehearsal 2:15-3:15
- Tuesday, December 14--Stu Co E Board & General Meeting 7:00 am
- Tuesday, December 14--Model UN room 103 2:15 pm
- Tuesday, December 14-- NHS Induction Ceremony 6:30 pm
- Wednesday, December 15--Leo Club Meeting 7:00 am
- Wednesday, December 15--Peer Mentor Social 2:15 pm
- Wednesday, December 15--GSA room 339 2:15 pm
- Wednesday, December 15--Yearbook room 109 2:15 pm
- Wednesday, December 15--Active Minds room 137 2:15 pm
- Wednesday, December 15--Eco-Warriors room 122 2:15 pm
- Thursday, December 16--BNHS room 315 7:00 am
- Thursday, December 16--Active Minds room 137 2:15 pm
- Thursday, December 16--Eco-Warriors room 122 2:15 pm
- Thursday, December 16--Model UN room 103 2:15 pm
- Thursday, December 16--Debate Club room 205 2:15 pm
- Thursday, December 16--Spanish National Honor Society Movie Night room 233 5:30 pm
- Friday, December 17-- KP Cares Meeting 7:00 am
- Friday, December 17-- Mid-Term Grades updated in IC by 2:15 pm
- Monday, December 20--HNHS Meeting 7:00 am
- Tuesday, December 21--Stu Co E Board & General Meeting 7:00 am
- Tuesday, December 21--Model UN room 103 2:15 pm
- Tuesday, December 21--Debate Club room 205 2:15 pm
- Tuesday, December 21--Winter Concert 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 22--GSA room 339 2:15 pm
- Wednesday, December 22--Eco-Warriors room 122 2:15 pm
- Wednesday, December 22--Yearbook room 109 2:15 pm
- Wednesday, December 22--French Club room 226 2:15 pm
- Thursday, December 23--Half Day for Students
- Friday, December 24 - Friday, December 31 - No School, Winter Break
- Monday, January 3 - School Resumes
ATHLETIC MASKING POLICY
A Message of Gratitude from KP Cares
On behalf of KP Cares, I would like to send a very grateful THANK YOU to the KP Community. We received many more requests this year for assistance and with your generous support, we were able to fulfill all the requests.
The families of the King Philip Community will have a little brighter holiday thanks to you.
Warmest regards for a wonderful holiday season.