COVID CLOSURE - HOMEBOUND INSTRUCTION: 3/30/ 2020
Eagle Academy encourages academic excellence by integrating proven instructional methods with a challenging curriculum and high expectations.This combination provides every child with the foundation needed to achieve proficiency of Eagle Academy’s performance standards at each instructional level.
It has been a long three weeks (Spring Break + 2 weeks of extended closure) since many of us have seen each other in person. The teachers, staff, and I look forward to the day when it is safe enough for all of us to return to our building and resume classes together again. Until then, our teachers and T.A.'s have been busily preparing for our new adventure in homebound instruction in preparation for the extended school closure.
The distance delivery model that we will be utilizing was designed to be as flexible and simple as possible, knowing that many of our families have multiple school-aged students and that many of our parents will also be working from home. We will be using Zoom for online meet-ups and office hours and Google Classroom as a repository for activities, lessons, and submission of assignments.
Our instructional focus for the first two weeks will be on English/Language Arts (Spalding's Writing Road to Reading) and Math (Saxon). Grade level teachers will begin introducing Science and Social Studies as they see fit. Specialists (Art, Music, PE, and Technology) will also have weekly activities available in a combined "Specials" Google Classroom and they will also hold office hours to provide students with engaging and enriching experiences.
We are all in this together. While our MISSION and commitment to excellence remain the same. EACS understands that learning at home through a distance delivery model will take some getting used to. Many of our families are technologically savvy and several of our families are experienced homeschoolers. However, we also recognize that for many of our families, everything about homebound instruction is totally new. Rest assured, Eagle Academy and the Anchorage School District are here to support our families along every step of our journey together.
If you are experiencing difficulties please reach out to your classroom teacher, nurse Jan, or myself.
Deanne Carroll - Principal
The Anchorage School District continues to provide meals to ALL students, including EACS students, at designated sites and bus routes across the community. Each day our dedicated employees are excited to see so many kids coming to get a nutritious meal. We plan to continue this service to our ASD families, but we need your help. Whether picking up meals at our fixed sites or at one of our six bus routes, please be mindful of a couple of important safety measures.
- Please maintain proper social distancing while at a pick-up site to help protect community members and ASD employees against the spread of COVID-19.
- This includes not congregating in groups at any of the bus stops or rapidly approaching the buses as they stop.
- School site pick-up will soon be outside of the school building. Tables and awnings will be set up outside to allow for quick, convenient pickup while helping to ensure everyone’s safety.
We want to continue to provide this valuable service, but we need everyone’s help to ensure it can be done safely for everyone involved.
WHO: Food will be available for any child 18 years of age or younger at established food service sites. Students are encouraged to pick up meals and if they are unable, then parents/guardians may pick up for them.
WHAT: Daily meals will be provided, but only for the one day. Students will need to return to acquire an additional meal the following day.
WHEN: For families utilizing school food services, ASD Student Nutrition will provide free food beginning Monday, March 16 through Friday, May 1, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
WHERE: During the weekdays through May 1, meals will be available at the following distribution sites:
- Abbott Loop Elementary School
- Airport Heights Elementary School
- Baxter Elementary
- Central Middle School of Science
- Chester Valley Elementary School
- Chinook Elementary
- Chugiak Elementary
- Creekside Park Elementary School
- Fairview Elementary School
- Fire Lake Elementary School
- Government Hill Elementary School
- Homestead Elementary
- Klatt Elementary School
- Lake Hood Elementary
- Lake Otis Elementary School
- Mountain View Elementary School
- Muldoon Elementary School
- North Star Elementary School
- Northwood Elementary School
- Nunaka Elementary
- Ptarmigan Elementary School
- Russian Jack Elementary School
- Taku Elementary School
- Ursa Major Elementary
- Willow Crest Elementary
- Williwaw Elementary School