Anticipation Guides Strategy 3 p. 7
What are Anticipation Guides?
- Stimulates students' interest in the topic you are about to introduce.
- List of statements that are true to the topic, or misconceptions.
-Grades 6-8 or modified for primary grades
- oral language
- content areas
What Does it Look Like for the Teacher?
1. Identify several major concepts related to the reading assignment
2. Develop a list of statements.
3. Discuss the anticipation guide
4. Read the text
5. Discuss each statement again