St. Mary Catholic Middle School
News Update: May 19, 2021
"God doesn't require us to succeed. He only requires you to try." -Saint Teresa of Calcutta
Spring 2021 MAP Scores
Now is the time to register for the 2021-2022 school year
Grades are filling up quickly at SMCMS. Reserve your spot today!
All families, both new and returning, will be asked to complete SMCS registration for the 2021-22 school year. You will be asked to create a new account and then complete the registration form for each student who will be attending SMCS in 2021-22. Registration fees are $100/student ($300 max/family).
Tuition assistance applications for 2021-22 are available. http://smcatholicschools.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Tuit_Assist_Application_2021-22.pdf
Guidance and Campus Ministry
Grade 7 Mini-retreat
The seventh graders will have an afternoon of reflection and retreat next Tuesday, May 25. All students and their teachers will walk over the FAEC to participate in some praise and worship music, pray together and hear witness talk from three SMCHS students. This collaborative day is being planned and lead by Mrs. Kalaus our Campus Minister and Mrs. Opsteen-Van Dyke along with her high school liturgy class. We are excited to offer this “mini-retreat” experience for the students and feel it is an awesome way to end the school year in prayer and faith sharing.
Grade 8 Retreat
Our eighth graders and their teachers will walk down to Schildt Park on Tuesday, June 1 for an all-day end of the year retreat. This day will include activities designed to help students reflect on the past three years of middle school a well as look forward to the next part of their academic journey. There will also be time spent in prayer, praise and worship, in thanksgiving and saying good-bye. In the past, this end of year retreat has been a powerful day, full of laughter and tears. Please keep students on your prayers that day.
Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton Service Award
Congratulations to the following students who met the requirements for the St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Award: Anna De Witt, Nicholas Miller and Bethany Ruppert from grade 7; and Henry Cedergren, Claire Higgins and Abigail McClone from grade 6. To earn this award students needed to do extra service hours, a self-reflection and essay as well as provide three recommendations. We are very proud of these students who went above and beyond to show exemplary Christion service and leadership!
Welcome Back Mrs. Lunty
Upcoming Boys Retreat
Way to Go Track Team!
Congratulations to the middle school track team – who had an amazing season of PR’s and School Records!
The conference meet was a great showing of our successes:
- Taking 1st place: Lauren Ripley (1600M run), Lauren Ripley (400M dash).
- Taking 2nd place: Ruby Kuehn (800M run), the 4X400 relay team of Kuehn, Higgins, Werner and Ripley, Lauren Ripley (long jump), Greg Wheeler (200M dash).
- Taking 3rd place: Niko Hickey (400M dash), the 4X100 relay team of Wheeler, Verhoff, Koss and Trinkner, Merdith Werner (high jump)
- Taking 4th place: Ruby Kuehn (1600M run), the 4X200 relay team of Voss, McClone, Marti and Breen, the 4X100 relay team of Vogel, McClone, Breen, Werner, Tarver Trinkner (100M hurdles), 4X200 relay team of Kletschka, Hickey, McClone, Foord, Carlos Verhoff (200M dash), the 4X400 relay team of Berzowski, Hickey, Post and Rice
This team is heading to the Meet of Champions this weekend. They have worked hard to earn an invite to a unique meet featuring the best middle schoolers in the state.
We wish them the absolute best of luck!
SMCS Soccer Clinic
Cheer on SMC Girls Soccer team to victory on Saturday June 5th (game begins at 10:00 a.m.) and then work with the St. Mary Catholic High School boys and girls soccer programs after the game. The clinic is for current 3-8 graders and will work on the fundamentals of soccer. Attendees will be put into groups based on grade and skill level. All levels of skill are welcome to attend.
Clinic is free but we ask them to register. Registration deadline is June 2.
SMCS Summer Programs
Summer is right around the corner! SMCS offers a range of sports, STEM, fine arts, academic, and other summer camps and programs, including:
• Zephyrs Strength and Conditioning
• Basketball, Girls – Grades 4-8, June 8, 15, 22 and 29
• Basketball, Boys – Grades 6-8, June 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20 and 27
• Basketball, Boys – Grades 3-5, June 23, 30, July 7, 14, 21 and 28
• Football, Quarterbacks and Wide Receivers – Grades 3-12, July 6-7
• Tennis – Grades 2-5 and 6-9, July 12-15
• Football, ZFL Mini Camp – Grades 3-6, July 13-14
• Football, Middle School Mini Camp – Grades 7-8, July 20-21
• Volleyball, Girls – Grades 7-8, July 20-22
• Camp Invention
• STEM Club Fly-In
• Community Theater
• Band Camp
See a list of all opportunities and register by clicking here.
Check back on the website regularly for additional summer camps and programming opportunities.
SMCS Equestrian Team
The SMCS Equestrian Team competes in the Wisconsin Interscholastic Horsemanship Association (WIHA). The team is open to SMCS students in grades 6 to 12 who are experienced riders in pleasure, speed, or show jumping. (This is not a learn-to-ride program.)
The season runs August 1 to December 1 of each school year. If you are interested in learning more about the team and competitions, contact Pam Seidl (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Click here to watch the livestream each Wednesday at 9:30am.
For a complete calendar listing, view our Calendar online
5-25 7th grade mini retreat
5-26 Mass 9:30AM (click here to watch)
5-28 No School: Teacher Professional Development
5-31 No School: Memorial Day
06-01 8th Grade Retreat
06-02 8th Grade Mass 10:00am at St. Gabriel
06-02 8th Grade recognition 6:30pm at St. Gabriel