DISTRICT UPDATE 4/14/2021
MARYVILLE CITY SCHOOLS
Effective on Friday, April 16, the district will allow elementary staff members to make the personal choice to wear or discontinue wearing masks. Some employees who have elected to not take the vaccine or have health compromised conditions themselves, in their family, or in their classrooms may certainly continue to wear masks. We fully support the elective wearing of masks, as well as the situational wearing of masks, when close, direct contact cannot be avoided. We strongly encourage all employees to continue with safe practices of engagement.
Finally, we will consistently monitor COVID data and keep our promise to be a responsive district, increasing and decreasing restrictions based on school and community data.
STUDENT VERIFICATION AND REGISTRATION
The NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION process will also happen in PowerSchool, so those families will create their Parent Portal first, and then go through the registration process.
Review the section below if your child will be in KINDERGARTEN during the 2021-2022 school year.
SCHOOL BOARD UPDATE
- Elementary behavior management support program - to include a certified behavior management specialist, as well as behavioral management teaching assistants.
- Creation of a new American Sign Language teaching position at MHS.
- Improve specialized support for students to better serve the emotional and social needs of students - including a new part-time counselor at MHS.
- Laptops for teachers in grades 8-12 are scheduled for replacement this summer.
- During the 2022-2023 school year, both intermediate teachers and students in grades 8-12 will receive new laptops.
- MRIS will receive a much-needed HVAC system upgrade this summer.
- MJHS is scheduled for a new roof.
The board is committed to offering a salary increase for all personnel and will make those decisions as the FY21-22 budget is finalized.