Mrs. Michels Weekly Updates
Let's make it a great week!
Hello Hamilton Families,
November 20th -November 24th
Happy Thanksgiving week! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because the focus is on spending time with our family and friends and remembering all that we have to be thankful for.
Our PBIS spotlight behavior this month has been Gratitude. Students earn extra points when they display the spotlight behavior and this helps them to earn rewards and privileges at school. Help students to slow down, unplug and notice the things in your life that you are grateful for. It is easy to focus on a bad day, or the things that make us frustrated, with gratitude we can shift our thinking and help turn that day around. Gratitude is a learned behavior, take some time and share with your child what you are grateful for and help them to develop their attitude of gratitude.
I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Registration is now open for the Winter 2024 Boys Basketball and Cheerleading league. Registration deadline is December 8, 2023. Games will be on Saturdays and will begin on January 27, 2024.
11/21 3rd grade to DIA
Mobile Dentist visit
3rd & 4th Grade Music concert 6pm
11/22 1/2 Day, dismissal 11:40
11/23 &11/24 No School-Happy Thanksgiving!
11/27 Mobile Dentist visit
12/4-12/8- Book Fair
12/4 Report cards viewable in Parent Connect
12/5 1/2 day-dismissal 11:40
Parent-Teacher conferences 12:10-6:20
12/7 1/2 Day-dismissal 11:40
Parent teacher conferences 12:10-7:20
12/8 Skate Night. 5-7pm
- We have Parent-Teacher conferences coming up in December (it's right around the corner!), if you have not already signed up with your child's teacher, please reach out right away.
- Tuesday we have our 3rd and 4th grade music concert! I am looking forward to seeing all of you there!
- Reminder: We have a food pantry if you or someone you know is in need of some additional food, feel free to reach out to me on Dojo or call the office
- Check out the flyer below for the Fiesta of Cash event on 12/7
- Dismissal is 3:20. You must pick your child up by 3:20 each day. If you need afterschool care please check out the Champions program that is onsite at Hamilton. https://www.wwcsd.net/resources/community/champions/
- We have 5 booster car seats if you are in need of a car booster seat please message me on Dojo. They will be given out on a first come first served basis. Remember that children under 80 pounds are supposed to be in a booster seat.
Here Comes the Bus App
If your child rides the bus Here Comes the Bus App is a great way to know exactly where your child's bus is at all times. Follow the steps below to download the app!
- Visit herecomesthebus.com
- Click the “Sign Up” button
- Enter school code 87839 and click “Next” followed by “Confirm”
- Complete the “User Profile” box
- Under “My Students,” click “Add.” Enter your child’s last name and student ID number
- Once you confirm your information, you’re ready to begin using Here Comes the Bus!
Family Resource Center
Wayne-Westland Community Schools has a Family Resource Center (FRC), which provides services to any student/family enrolled in our District, free of cost. Some of the services they provide are: basic need assistance, access to over 700 local resources, Laundry Assistance Program and material items for those unable to afford them (emergency toiletries, socks/underwear, hats/gloves/scarves, etc.) They are also able to supply school supplies and backpacks year round for any WWCS student. Please contact our Family Resource Center at: 734-419-2709 or FRC@wwcsd.net. Our FRC also has a Digital Request for Services Form, which can be used to request assistance by filling out a simple form. Please contact the Family Resource Center directly with any additional questions regarding their serviceshttps://www.wwcsd.net/schools/elementary-schools/hamilton/
Regular attendance is crucial for your child's academic success. Please make every effort to ensure your child attends school on time every day and stays throughout the whole day. Consistent attendance throughout the school day allows your child to engage in learning and maximize their educational opportunities fully.
Illness: If your child is not feeling well and cannot attend school, please notify us immediately. Students who are ill should not attend school to prevent the spread of illness to others.
Excused Absences: We understand that there may be instances when your child needs to be absent due to illness, medical appointments, family emergencies, or other legitimate reasons. Please notify the school in advance whenever possible to classify the absence as excused.
Unexcused Absences: Unexcused absences negatively impact your child's education. Absences without valid reasons will be considered unexcused, and appropriate actions may be taken per district policy.
Timely reporting of absences helps us maintain accurate attendance records and ensures that your child's absence is properly documented. Absences must be reported within 24 hours.
There are two convenient methods for reporting your child's absence to facilitate efficient communication and accurate attendance records.
You can notify your child's school through the dedicated attendance line. Please leave a detailed message stating your child's name, grade, and reason for absence.
You can report absences directly through MiStar, our secure online portal for student information. MiStar provides a user-friendly interface that allows you to submit absences.
Thank you for your ongoing support in creating a positive and productive learning environment for all our students.
You can also follow the Wayne Westland Community School page on Facebook for updates and information too!
Thank you for your continued support!
Make it a great week!