The Seminole Scene
Dec. 14-18, 2015
1. Indicator 3.1: Sample lesson plans and Posted Learning Objectives (picture would work) and Long range plans and After-school tutoring from each grade and/or department that show opportunities to develop learning, thinking, and life skills that lead to success. Any other evidence that you think highlights this indicator. (Course descriptions, Syllabi, Lesson plans across courses, Samples of students across courses)
2. Indicator 3.2: This indicator wants to know that curriculum, instruction and assessment are monitored and adjusted systematically in response to data. What can you collect to highlight this? Lesson plans aligned to curriculum, curriculum writing process. Any other evidence that you think highlights this indicator. (Common assessments, data review/progress monitoring, agendas from Dept. Mtgs where data is discussed, descriptions of systematic review of curriculum, instruction and assessments, etc)
3. Indicator 3.4: Documentation of collection of lesson plans and grade books, recognition of teachers with regard to supporting teacher improvement. Any other evidence that you think highlights this indicator. (Peer mentoring opportunities, Tech Tuesday Agendas, etc.)
4. Indicator 3.8: Engaging families. Volunteer program, communication modes (portal, online, newsletters, parent meetings, open house, academic nights, calendars . Need evidences from all levels. Any other evidence that you think highlights this indicator. (Calendars of when/how families are provided information on student progress, Newsletters to parents, parent activities, parent nights, etc.)
6. Indicator 3.10: Grading and reporting clearly defined data and consistent across grade levels. Sample report cards for each grade level and all course, sample communication to stakeholders about grading and reporting, Policies and procedures on grading and reporting, Course requirements and grading policies. Any other evidence that you think highlights this indicator.(Syllabi, sample report cards, progress letters, etc.)
7. Indicator 3.12 School provides and coordinates learning support services to meet the unique learning needs of students. List of learning support services and student population by such services. Any other evidence that you think highlights this indicator. (List of Support services, data used to identify unique student needs, RtI training agendas, etc.)
Please contact Ms. Dekle if you need assistance in submitting!!
A Few Reminders
Please remind students of dress code. If you observe a student out of dress code, please send the student to Mr. Bailey or Ms. Dekle.
Celebrate our Success!!
A few final words...
Tuesday, Dev. 15, 2015--Secondary Faculty Mtg. @ 3:05 p.m. (Rm. 4-254) Pot Luck...please join us!!
Tuesday, Dec. 15-Friday, Dec. 18, 2015--First Semester Exams (Thank you Ms. Santillo for reminding me of first period exam on Tuesday!!)
And looking ahead for 2016:
Monday, Jan. 4, 2016--Teacher planning day.
Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2016--Students return.
Friday, Jan. 8, 2016--Grades are due in FOCUS.
Monday, Jan. 25-Friday, Jan. 29, 2016--Literacy Week (information coming soon!)