November 7 Newsletter
EASTON AREA HS INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC
Roger performed with the orchestra on Sunday in Washington D.C. along with 7 other horn players from across the US.
We are so proud of you!
- Weekly Schedule
- NEW - Orchestra concert this Wednesday!
- NEW - Thanksgiving Week information
- NEW - November Snacks Signup
- MB Uniform Care Reminders
- NEW - Marching Band Families: Yard Signs
- Instrumental Music Department Concert/ Event Dates
- NEW - IMA Craft Show Volunteer Sign-Up.
- ENDS THIS WEEK - IMA Citrus Sale ends November 11
- ENDS THIS WEEK- Wreath Fundraiser ends November 11
- Service Electric Pep Band (report to instrumental room @ 9:30am)
- Easton/ P'Burg JV Game (report @ 5:30pm)
Tuesday, November 8
- NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
- Orchestra Dress Rehearsal, 6:00 - 8:00pm (arrive by 5:45pm @ HS auditorium)
Wednesday, November 9
- Easton/ P'Burg Luncheon (drum majors - formal attire)
- Fall Orchestra Concert, 7:00pm (students report @ 5:30pm)
Thursday, November 10
- LVHN Veteran's Day Performance, 10:00am (wind ensemble)
- Jazz Band, 6:00 - 8:00pm (sectionals to start by 5:30pm)
Friday, November 11
- END: FRUIT SALE
- END: WREATH SALE
Saturday, November 12
- Fall Craft Show, 9:00 - 2:00pm - volunteer sign up link
Monday, November 14
- Guard Rehearsal, 3:00 - 6:00pm
Tuesday, November 15
- Marching Band Rehearsal, 2:45 - 5:00pm
- IMA Meeting, 7:00 - 8:00pm
Wednesday, November 16
- Chamber Strings, 2:45 - 4:00pm
Thursday, November 17
- Marching Band Rehearsal, 2:45 - 5:00pm
- Jazz Band, 6:00 - 8:00pm
Friday, November 18
- Brass Quintet Christmas Tree Lighting, 6:00 - 7:00pm
Saturday, November 19
- Herald Trumpets, 4:00 - 4:15pm
Stay up to date by viewing our online calendar on our website!
Event/ General Information
Fall Orchestra Concert: Wednesday, November 09
Admission is free.
Doors open at 6:30 PM.
This is a unique concert, as it will feature music from the movies. Tell friends & family to come join us as we present our first orchestra concert of the year!
DRESS REHEARSAL: 6:00 - 8:00 PM
Thanksgiving Week Information (Marching Band)
Monday, November 21:
- Elementary Pep Rallies (full band) - during school day
- Powderpuff Game (full band) - report to EAHS @ 4:45 PM
Tuesday, November 22:
- Easton/ P'Burg Band Dance (full band) - report to EAHS @ 5:15 PM
Wednesday, November 23:
- EAHS Pep Rally (all instrumental) - during school day
- Bonfire Parade (full band) - report to EAHS @ 4:30 PM
Thursday, November 24:
- Easton v. Phillipsburg Game (full band) - report to EAHS @ 8:00 AM
The only event that students will uniforms for is the game on Thursday.
Snacks Needed for November - please donate
Sign-up to donate snacks for the band. It's a busy month of band events as we approach Thanksgiving Day events! Thanks in advance. You can follow this link to donate:
Marching Band Senior Families - Yard Signs
In addition, students will have the option to have their car decorated & have breakfast together on Wednesday, November 23 after sleeping out for the bonfire.
Marching Band Uniform Care Reminders
- Sweat collars should be removed from the jacket and washed with mild detergent on gentle cycle (or hand washed). Hang to dry.
- When the jacket is hanging at home, remove it from the garment bag. Keep the jacket on the hanger it was distributed on and let hang outside of garment bag.
Fall Craft Show - Volunteers Needed!
We are looking for help Friday night to set-up and throughout the event on Saturday. There are several different time slots to spread the work around as much as possible - many hands make light work! We are also looking for food donations for our concession stand and bake sale table.
There are several pages on this signup to consolidate all the volunteer and food requests into one list. Please scroll through the complete list when considering how to help.
As always, we appreciate all your help to make this a successful fundraiser for our students and our program.
2022 Wreath Fundraiser - Ends this week!
The IMA has teamed up again this season with Lehigh Valley Home and Garden Center
We will be offering wreaths, poinsettias (both coupons and plants for delivery), grave blankets, white pine roping and cemetery logs.
The sale begins Monday Oct 31 and runs through Friday Nov 11
Delivery of items will be Saturday, Dec 10 from 930-1230 at Raub's Farm (same date/time as the Fruit Sale delivery!)
Extra coupon-only pickup will be Tues Nov 29 from 445-515pm at EAHS outside the instrumental room
Website for online ordering is - Wreath Sale 2022 – Instrumental Music Association (eahsmusic.org)
The IMA annual citrus sale is officially underway and ends this week!
This is one of the biggest fundraisers we do as an organization, so we need everyone to participate to make this a HUGE success! All of your favorites are back again, including two “samplers” of outstanding fruit- perfect to bring as a gift to holiday parties!
They are MULTIPLE ways to drive sales. As always, students can sell directly to friends and family in-person, or customers can place their orders online through our dedicated website. Additionally, customers can opt for direct ship.
1. WEBSITE - will be live on October 10th and will accept orders until Sunday, November 13th. https://freshfruitorder.org/EAHSmusic/
2. PDF PACKET - students will receive packets this week with instructions for the sale. In Person orders are due Friday, November 11th.
3. DIRECT SHIP - For the third straight year, we are offering Direct Ship items on the website which will enable customers to have items sent directly to their door - perfect for out-of-town customers and gift giving! There are a few items that are only available for direct ship and some that are the same as our regular offerings. Direct ship items cost more than regular items b/c the UPS fee is included.
4. DELIVERY - Fruit is scheduled to come in on Friday, December 9th with pick up on Saturday, December 10th at Raub’s Farm.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Lynn Franklin at (610) 207-4239 or at IMAfruitsale@gmail.com.