Eli Whitney and the Cotton Gin
By Jeremy Appel
Facts:1. The creator of the cotton gin was inventor- Eli Whitney
2. Eli Whitney invented the cotton gin in 1793
3. The idea for the cotton gin wasn't patented until 1794
4. The gin made little money for Whitney though because of patent infringement issues
5. The cotton gin was used by slaves
6. It separated cotton fibers from seeds using "teeth."
7. It could clean and separate 50 pounds of fibers a day
8. It was used in America to quicken cultivation and farming
9. Eli is credited as a pioneer of American Manufacturing.
10. Whitney passed away in 1825