Support Green Revolution
By: Shefali Deo
What is it?
It's the rapid diffusion of new agricultural technology, especially high-yield seeds and fertilizers; also known as the Third Agricultural Revolution.
Advantages of The Green Revolution
- The Green Revolution led to the development of intensive agriculture production which increased agricultural production.
- With the increase in technology, the Green Revolution has created more job opportunities in the field of agriculture.
- Green Revolution has increased the relationship between agriculture and industry.
- The Green Revolution has enabled farmers to obtain increasing produce(profit) from agriculture because of greater utilisation of agricultural inputs.
- Green Revolution has increased higher adoption of agricultural innovations by the farmers.
- Decreases the amount of human labor.