Pride of the Tribe
Week of October 8, 2018
RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS MONTH BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE COUNSELORS!
- Buy a Sonic drink for a friend or stranger.
- Recognize acts of kindness in others.
- Give someone a small gift anonymously.
- Help someone put their groceries in their car.
- Pay for food for the next person in line.
- Pull up your neighbors empty trash cans.
- Send a thank you note to someone.
- Hold the door open for someone.
Check out this quick strategy to encourage engagement!
Nuts & Bolts
- Vaping is becoming a big issue. Please let us know if you see or hear of it. We have started filing with the city on students who are caught with eCigs, drugs, fighting, and disorderly conduct. We have filed on over 15 students. Spread the word to your students and please help us by popping into bathrooms during passing periods or when you walk by.
- Three-week progress ends Monday, October 15th. Please make sure grades are up-to-date because this can make or break a student gaining or losing eligibility.
- Electives/CTE Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Math/Science Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Letter Jacket Sizing During Lunches
- Volleyball vs Aubrey @ SHS, 5pm
- English/SS Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Department Head Meeting @ 3:45pm
- PSAT in rooms 202 & 204
- SAT in lecture hall
- XC District Meet @ Celina
- 9th/JV/V Football @ Denison, 5:00pm
- JV/V Volleyball vs Gainesville @ Gainesville, 4:30pm
- Reevaluate students for eligibility (MAKE SURE GRADES ARE UP-TO-DATE)
Homecoming Week - October 15-19
I leave you with this...
Taken from The Power of Positive Leadership
- No matter what anyone says, just show up and do the work.
- If they praise you, show up and do the work.
- If they criticize you, show up and do the work.
- If no one even notices you, just show up and do the work.
- Just keep showing up, doing the work, and leading the way.
- Lead with passion.
- Fuel up with optimism.
- Have faith.
- Power up with love.
- Maintain hope.
- be stubborn.
- Fight the good fight.
- Refuse to give up.
- Ignore the critics.
- Believe in the impossible.
- Show up.
- Do the work.
- You'll be glad you did.
- True grit leads to true success.
THIS IS WHAT DRIVES ME EVERYDAY