Art City Eagles
January 24, 2022
If at any time you have questions or concerns, please contact your child's teacher, call the office or email me - firstname.lastname@example.org
Yearbook Cover Contest: It's time to have our annual Yearbook Cover Contest. If your child is interested in submitting their art for the yearbook cover, please read all the rules, due dates and information in the flyer from PTA. It is located on our web page and attached below. We love having our student art in our yearbooks!
Yearbook Purchase: You can begin ordering your yearbook now! The price does go up the closer it gets to the end of the year. Yearbooks must be purchased online. See PTA information below for all the details and the web address (commpe.pictavo.com).
PE this week: TK-5 Fitness Activity - Scavenger Hunt Fitness. Game - Frogger.
Music this week: K, 1st, 3rd Carnival of the Animals "Aquarium" 2nd grade Passport to Japan 4-5th Recorder Karate.
Computers this week: 1st and 2nd graders will work on reading games this week, 3rd and 4th graders will practice typing, and 5th graders will continue to work on their Wax Museum research.
Library this week: The younger grades will be celebrating hibernation (sounds nice right?) with a funny book about a bear who keeps getting interrupted during his long winters nap. They will also play a game of pitch points to test their library knowledge. The older grades will play a game of library lingo. They will also continue their readers theater about the first moon walk and talk about the biography section of our library.
Students will be expected to go outside at recess and lunch time unless the air quality is dangerous, the temperature is below 20 degrees or if it is raining or snowing heavily. If you wish for your child to stay indoors, please send a note with them and specify a reasonable time period for them to stay indoors. Being outdoors and having the opportunity to run and play is a much needed and healthy time of the school day.
Jan. 20: School Community Council 1:00 pm
Feb.: Kindness Month
Feb. 7-11: Val-O-Grams and Food Drive
Feb. 8: 5th grade to visit the middle school
Feb. 11: Stand Strong Day
Feb. 15: 5th grade schedules for middle school due
Feb. 21: No School
Feb. 25: Emergency Drill
Feb. 23: Spring Pictures
COVID/Before and After School/Lunch Procedures
Updated COVID Information: The Utah County Health Department has asked us to share the attached document. It contains information about their updated process for using the “Automatic Contact Tracing” system to notify parents of 6-12 grade families about potential COVID-19 exposure and quarantine. They will also use this system on a more limited basis in K-5 grades.
- Masks are NOT required. Any adult or student that prefers to wear a mask is welcome to do so. Those who wish to wear a mask will have our full support.
- As per Health Department instruction, time limits in the lunchroom will continue. Students will have 14 minutes in the lunchroom. We will continue to have outside picnic days for lunch as weather permits. Outside picnic days are so much fun, and students are not held to a time limit since they are spread out on the lawn.
- We will continue to enter and exit from outside classroom doors. This helps us prevent large gatherings in the lobby. As much as possible, please have your children arrive between 8:35-8:45 unless they are eating breakfast. Teachers will be at their outside door to welcome their students at 8:35 each morning. The playground is open, and supervision begins at 8:20.
- Breakfast service begins at 8:15. Students may come right in the front doors and go into the cafeteria to have breakfast. Service ends at 8:40. After students finish eating they may go outside to play on the playground.
- If a positive case of COVID occurs in a class, parents will receive an email letter from our school nurse. You will either receive a letter or a google form to complete. The letter is a form letter, and will contain recommendations for students in that class. Be aware that letters are sent out to the entire class, not just to those students who are sitting by a positive test result like we did last year.
- Students who test positive or have a family member living in the home they reside that tests positive, will need to quarantine. Teachers will provide instruction for students who are on quarantine.
- Water fountains are on and can be used. Students may still bring a water bottle if they wish.
- Sanitizing will continue! Sanitizing stations are in each classroom, by the lunchroom door, in the lobby and in the office. Teachers will continue to have students sanitize at the beginning of the day, when coming in from recess, before and after lunch and anytime a student uses the restroom.
8:15-8:40 A.M.: Teacher Preparation Time
8:15 am: Doors unlocked
8:15 Breakfast Begins
8:20 A.M.: Outside Duty Begins
8:40 A.M.: First Bell/End of Breakfast Service/End of Outside Supervision
8:45 A.M.: Tardy Bell/ School Starts
2:15 P.M. Monday Dismissal
3:00 P.M.: Tuesday-Friday Dismissal
11:25-12:00 P.M.: 1st Grade Lunch
11:35-12:10 P.M.: 2nd Grade Lunch
11:40-12:15 P.M.: 3rd Grade Lunch
11:45-12:20 P.M.: 4th Grade Lunch
11:50-12:25 P.M.: 5th Grade Lunch
AM: 8:45-11:20 Daily
PM: 12:15-2:15 Monday, 12:15-3:00 Tuesday-Friday
Transitional Kindergarten Schedule
AM: 8:45 - 11:00
PM: 12:00 - 2:15
Tuesday – Friday
AM: 8:45 - 11:20
PM: 12:20 – 3:00
AM Session: 8:30-11 (Tuesday - Friday)
PM Session: 11:30-2:00 (Tuesday - Friday)
Crossing Guard Duty (Springville City Police)
900 East Center