EKLC Week in Review
Holiday Spirit (and secretly listening to Christmas Music)!
As always I have enjoyed wandering into your classrooms and would love to partake in some activities. Please let Karen, Sherry or Marti know if you have something special going on so they can put it on my calendar.
We have so many exciting initiatives happening at EKLC;
- The Crim - congratulations to the team and Becky T. for being awarded a $1000 grant!
- IPAD Technology - staff continues to amaze me with your enthusiasm and creativity. We will begin sharing out at staff meetings. Please set aside time in your department meetings to do this as well.
- Homecoming Week
- Robotics (stay tuned)
- Student Council - congratulations to staff (Emily and Tracie) and our wonderful students for a creative and successful student council campaign, election and first meeting.
Finally, please share pictures of students and staff you would like to see in future staff newsletters. My goal is to continue to send out my weekly calendar along with an occasional newsletter. I have heard from a few, you appreciate the transparency of the calendar. Your thoughts are appreciated. Have a great week and please know your hard work is not going unnoticed!!
Wednesday, Nov. 6th 2013 at 4-6pm
Davis Center 2413 W Maple Ave Flint Township, MI 48507
Please note; The Transition Fair will be held at our Davis Education Center, Wednesday (11/6) from 4:00-6:00. We are hopeful that many will show up. 15 local agencies will be at the event to help with answering questions on how they can help guide our students' post secondary vision.
This is a reminder to staff and students of this great opportunity to get a jump start on preparing for post secondary life beyond our walls.
As you continue to work on completion of testing with students please keep the following in mind;
30th Annual Craft Fair
I enjoyed my first craft fair experience and was very impressed to see so many staff working diligently for the benefit of our students. I am continually inspired by the dedication and enthusiasm of such a committed staff. We may not be perfect but you are definitely awesome!!
Staff please remember to complete your self evaluations. Once you have received approval of your goals those may be inserted into STAGES as well.
- The assessment window closes November 8, so we will need the supplies back in the office by November 6 for processing.
- Testing support has occurred for the teachers who alerted Michelle G to their need. Please see her if you are panicking about completing your testing tasks on time.