Ridge Circle Family Newsletter
January 20, 2023
No School Friday, January 27--Teacher Institute Day
Safety is a Priority at RC
1. All our doors are locked at all times. To enter the building, you need to go to door one and use the buzzer to talk with the office staff. All visitors will be asked their purpose and be required to provide an ID. (Please do not follow students or staff into the building. This is a security risk.)
2. All student pick-ups during the day require us to follow safety procedures. All adult who is picking up the child, will need to have an ID. This ID will be checked to see if this person is listed as an approved pick up for the child. They will be required to sign the child out. All pick-ups take some time as students need to gather their things. Please plan appropriately.
3. Patience. While safety takes time, we ask that you are patience and understand we are working hard to make our building safe. Safety is our priority.
4. See Something, Say Something. If you see something that makes RC , our students, staff or community unsafe, please call Ridge Circle or 911.
Reading Night at Ridge Circle
Thank you to all who attended. We had over 300 guests!
Look for information about Math Night coming in the spring.
Please remind your students to bring a charged computer and headphones.
Below are the official district letters for more information.
Morning Drop Off / Afternoon Pick Up
Drop off begins at 8:15am. (There is no supervision prior to 8:15am)
Before School Line Up Locations
Grade Kindergarten, 1st , 2nd by door 6 and 7 and enter door 5
Grade 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th on the basketball courts and enter door 4
**Bus Riders will line up by Door 1.
After School Pick Up
Students will exit the door they enter.
Our teachers need your child's pick up information. Please share with them whether your child is a parent pick up, walker, turnabout pick up, Boys & Girls club or older sibling picking up.
If you are driving your child to or from school, you must use the turnabout on Streamwood Boulevard. Drivers must stay in their cars. Staff will escort your child to their line up location. There is no parking in the turnabout.
** In order for our process to work, it takes patience. **
Student Grades in Infinite Campus
Parent engagement is crucial to academic success, and as a District, we want to ensure our parents are informed and engaged in their child’s education. Infinite Campus is an online tool that gives parents and guardians access to their child’s attendance, teacher’s contact information, bus schedule (if applicable), and most importantly grades.
Visit u-46.org/reportcards for an overview of U-46 Student Progress Reports and Report Cards and instructions on how to access and navigate the Infinite Campus Parent Portal so that you are able to see your child’s in-progress grades. Remember that parents can customize the settings to be notified about assignment and grade updates.
RC Attendance Email
What should I do if my student is sick/tardy or can not go to school?
Ridge Circle now has an email that you can report your child(ren)’s absences and/or tardies!
ALL absences must be reported by a parent or guardian on or before the day of the absence(9am). Please provide the following information on the email:
● Child(ren)’s Name, Grade & Teacher
● Reason for absence:
Please state if your child(ren) is exhibiting one or more symptoms of COVID-19. The symptoms are:
Fever of 100.4 or higher, new onset of moderate to severe headache, shortness of breath, new cough, sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, new loss of sense of taste or smell, fatigue from an unknown cause, muscle or body aches from an unknown cause.
Doctor’s Appointment, Funeral, Family Emergency, or another issue.
Attendance Line: 630-213-5600 ext. 5601
Front Office 630-213-5600 ext. 5640
Bilingual Liaison 630-213-5600 ext. 7112
Nurse: 630-213-5600 ext. 5803