Pacific Ridge Principal's Update
Monday, September 18th, 2023
- Wednesday, September 20th: Early Release Wednesday @ 1:30 PM
- Wednesday, October 11th: Picture Retake Day *send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the retake list!
- Thursday, October 19th: Early Release at Noon for PreK-5th Grade Parent Teacher Conferences *sign-up's will be shared in an upcoming newsletter.
- Friday, October 20th: No School for Parent Teacher Conferences *sign-up's will be shared in an upcoming newsletter.
Calendars ~ Seaside School District
A Message from Mr. Taylor
What We’re Doing In Music
So far this year, kindergarten has been working on keeping a steady beat. The next unit is about the four main ways in which we use our voices: whisper, talk, shout and sing. First and second graders have been learning beat and meter and the way music is grouped into strong and weak beats determines the way it feels, such as marching music, walking music or swaying/waltzing music. The next unit is rhythm. Third, fourth and graders have been learning rhythm and singing: basic rhythm patterns, part singing, meter, ostinatos and such.
Fall Music Highlight: New Music Rooms
We have a new music rooms and the kids love it (so does Mr. Taylor)! Our new music room is accessible (no stairs), filled with natural light, enough space for storage and permanent homes for the instruments and risers.
A Message from Ms. Jones & Ms. Martinez
Rotary Presentation ~ 5th Grade Student Council
Last Wednesday, three of our current 5th-grade student council members were given the opportunity to discuss our student council program with the Rotary Club of Seaside. They presented to a group of about 40 people sharing their experiences with the student council, projects, activities, and processes to get into the program. They were GREAT ambassadors for our school! They were also provided lunch by the Rotary Club and spent time sharing their experiences with Superintendent Penrod. Great job Mikayla, Gael & Oscar!
Kinder & 4th Grades
Does your family need help paying for laundry services?
Does your family need food for the weekends? We can help!
Pacific Ridge Families:
When children are hungry, they aren't able to focus on the job of learning. The Food4Kids Seaside Program is available to help! This program is designed for children who attend Pacific Ridge Elementary School and may not have enough food on the weekends. The volunteers at Food4Kids provide a backpack or bag filled with food on the last school day before each weekend. Students will bring this food home from school on Fridays.
If you have more than one child in need of a food bag, please fill out this form for each child.
Pacific Ridge Parent Teacher Organization
A Message from our PTO
Hearing screenings are coming up next week (09/25 &9/26).
The school health staff needs our help bringing kids to and from the testing site at school.
- Please sign up to help at THIS LINK
If you are new to volunteering, our district requires a background check.
- Here’s the link to the background check online form
Are you interesting in joining our Parent Teacher Organization?
- Please join us at our meeting in the school Library on Oct.10th at 7 pm.
- Save the Date for Upcoming meetings: Nov. 14 at 7pm
Are you looking for a way to help PTO without Volunteering?
Can't make the meetings, but still want to be involved? Please fill out the google form at this link! It's going to be a great Year!
- Our lunch schedule includes a 15 minute recess and 25 minute lunchtime for students daily.
- Free hot and cold lunch options are available and menus are located on our website.
- Breakfast & Lunch Menu Options