August 26, 2022
One of our goals at Lincoln this year is to increase our average daily attendance. Research shows that the more students are at school, the higher they perform, and we are working to ensure our students perform at the highest levels. When LES opened, our attendance rate was around 98%. With Covid, the rate dropped drastically. Last year, our attendance rate was around 94%. This year, we want to "Strive for 95!" We will have monthly incentive drawings for families whose children meet our attendance goal. While we do want children to stay home if they have fever or are contagious, we do ask that if they are well, send them to school for the entire day. If a student is absent, be sure to send a note with the child within 48 hours of their return to school. We have several breaks built into our school year for vacations. See the district calendar for specifics.
MISD has put together some information about district attendance policies that you can access here.
Make a Note
Please read below of some important information to make a note of and who to contact if you have questions.
Student Involvement Opportunities - Choir and Talent Show!
We are so excited for our Lincoln Bear Choir! Choir is offered to 4th and 5th grade students. The sign-up paper and t-shirt order forms are due to Mrs. Watkins by Friday, September 9th. The first rehearsal for 5th Grade is September 13th and the first rehearsal for 4th grade is Wednesday, September 14th. Rehearsals start at 7:1 5am and drop off is by the cafeteria doors from 7:00am-7:15am. Please contact Mrs. Watkins at email@example.com if you have any questions!
We know our Lincoln Bears have talent! This is the perfect opportunity to showcase that talent at our own LES Talent Show! The talent show is open to any 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th grader who is interested in performing on the stage. Auditions to be in the show will be on Thursday, October 13th; and the talent show is on Thursday, October 27th, at 6:00 pm in the LES Cafe. If you would like more information, please have your child pick up an information pack and audition permission slip from their homeroom teacher. Audition forms are due back to Mrs. Watkins by Wednesday, October 12th. We can't wait to see what amazing things our Lincoln Bears can do!
Involvement Opportunities - Continued from Last Week's Newsletter
One of our campus goals is to build more parent involvement on our campus. As parents, you know your child best. We want to partner with you to consistently make our school better. Below are several opportunities where you can be involved or provide feedback.
- WatchDOGS - This program allows caring adults to volunteer their time to support campus personnel and serve as positive role models for our students. the kick off and information night will take place on September 8, at 6:00 p.m. at Lake Creek H.S.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Our PTO is an organization of parents that works to support our students and staff in a variety of ways. They recently purchased some toys and games that students can play with the weather inhibits their ability to play outside. They also bring in special programs and activities for our students and find ways to show appreciation to our staff. We encourage all families to join. For more information, you can contact our PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find them on Facebook (@myLESPTO). The first meeting is this Friday at 9:00 a.m. at the school.
Staff Shout Outs
- Coffee with the Counselor 8:30 am or 6:00 pm (see flyer below)
- Deadline for Grandparents Day Breakfast RSVP (RSVP Here)
- PTO Meeting at 9:00
- Wear your spirit wear!
- Hat Day for $1 donation
- September 5 - No School
- September 9 - Grandparents' Day Breakfast (Last Names A-L) 7:15-7:45 a.m.
- September 12 - Grandparents' Day Breakfast (Last Names M-Z) 7:15-7:45 a.m.
- September 15 - Parent's Night 5:00-7:00 - Two Sessions - (Date Change)
- September 22 - Fall Pictures
Lunch visitors who are on a child's emergency contact list are welcome to eat with that child on the stage during their lunch period. You will need to check in at the front office with your ID and get a visitor badge. Please do not invite other students to join you or provide food or snacks for other students. When lunch is over, all students will line up with their class. Visitors will return to the front office to turn in their visitor badge.
- Pre-K - 10:40-11:10
- Kindergarten - 11:15-11:45
- 1st Grade - 10:45-11:15
- 2nd Grade - 12:15-12:45
- 3rd Grade - 11:35-12:05
- 4th Grade - 11:55-12:25
- 5th Grade - 12:35-1:05
School Hours, Attendance and Tardies
- Doors open at 7:50
- Tardy bell rings at 8:15
- School day ends at 3:40
We are working hard to maximize each and every minute our students are here. Students who arrive after 8:15 are considered tardy and will need to be walked into the front door of the building and signed in by a parent or guardian. If your child needs to leave early, they may be checked out through the front office by a parent or guardian.
Changes in transportation need to be made prior to 2:00 in order to allow time for the messages to be communicated with the appropriate staff member. To request a change of transportation, either
- Send a note with your child,
- Email LincolnElementaryTransit@misd.org with the note and a copy of your driver's license, or
- Come to the school with a copy of your driver's license.
Location: 700 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Montgomery, TX, USA
Phone: (936) 276-4700