November 14, 2018
School Hours: 8:45 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
19-23 Thanksgiving Holidays
28 - Fall / Yearbook Picture Retakes
4 - Progress Reports Go Home
4 - Mustang Express Newsletter
11 - 5th Grade Honor Choir Caroling
13 - Coffee with the Counselor
13 - PTO Meeting - 6:00-7:30pm
17 - Millsap Spelling Bee - 4:30pm
18 - Mustang Express Newsletter
18 - Pajama Day
18 - Reading Night - 5:30pm
18 - Choir Winter Concert - 6:30pm
21 - Classroom Holiday Parties
21 - School Sing-Along
24-31 Winter Holidays
CAR RIDER LINE
In an effort to make our AM car rider line more efficient, we would like to ask for your help with the following:
1. Please allow enough time for your child to enter building at 8:45 AM. We ask that you be in the car rider line no later than 8:30 AM so you have enough time to go through the line and drop your child off before the beginning of the school day. When the 8:45 AM bell rings, car rider staff will need to go into the building so they can begin instruction.
2. If you exit the parking lot by turning right onto Shaft Rd., please turn right onto Huffmeister Rd. Please do not wait to make a left onto Huffmeister as that slows the other cars that are trying to exit the parking lot.
3. Occasionally, car rider staff may direct you to turn left from the parking lot onto Shaft Road or go straight through the daycare lane to Huffmeister Rd. Please follow the direction of the car rider staff and know that we are doing this to alleviate a temporary back-up. We appreciate your assistance with this.
4. Please do not turn left into the parking lot when there are other cars in line. This complicates the car rider process and is not fair to parents that have been waiting in line.
If you have any questions, please call to speak to the assistant principal, Mrs. Murr
Thank you in advance for your help with these procedures. We appreciate your support.
Car Rider Staff
PTO would like to thank all the Homeroom Parents, helper volunteers, and supporters for helping make 2018 Field Days a huge success! A special THANK YOU to Jennifer Elizondo and Brooke Bettis for coordinating PTO’s support of this event… Great job!!!!
Join our Facebook page: Millsap Elementary PTO to stay in the “know” & connect with other Millsap parents!
Join our Millsap Parent Remind 101 group to get information & reminders. Text this number: 81010 Then enter this message: @millsappa
A Note from PTO President Matt Thomas:
I would like to apologize to the Millsap community for having to reschedule November’s PTO Meeting…unfortunately there was an unavoidable and unexpected schedule conflict. I hope to see you all at our next meeting on THURSDAY, DECEMBER 13th, 6 pm, in the Millsap Library!!!
Congratulations, Ms. Hopkins!
Here is an excerpt from the nomination letter...
"She not only teaches, but demonstrates what hard work, respect for others, and never giving up truly means. Citizenship towards Millsap, the community, and country are prevalent in her classroom. She always looks for new and innovative ideas to inspire her students - including writing letters to Vietnam Veterans on an Honor Flight. Ms. Hopkins' enthusiasm and passion for teaching is surpassed only by her willingness to do whatever it takes to ensure her students are successful."
She will now be entered into the National Contest. We are SO proud to have Ms. Hopkins in our Mustang Family!
Family Reading Night & Winter Concert!
Tuesday, December 18, 5:30-7:30pm
Parents or Guardians are strongly encouraged to use the Home Access Center to monitor their child’s attendance, grades, and schedule to ensure accuracy and take appropriate action when necessary.
It is the parent’s duty to monitor the student’s school attendance. If you have any questions or concerns in regards to your child’s attendance, you are more than welcome to email Stephanie.Medina@cfisd.net or contact the front desk at 281-897-4470.
When an email address or phone number has changed, please feel free to send a note with your child or email the teacher of those changes. It is important we have the most current information on file and in the system in the case of an emergency.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Notes from our Nurse
See to Succeed (for those signed up) will be the week of Jan 15-18, final date TBA.
Applications are due to me 11/16/18.
Guidelines for Keeping Sick Children Home from School
A sick child who is unable to participate in school in a meaningful way should be kept home to rest and recover until symptoms resolve. Keeping a sick child home also protects other children, school staff, and visiting community members from contracting an illness that can be spread from person to person.Please be aware of the following guidelines for school attendance.
- Fever: A child should remain home with fever greater than 100° F and should only return after he/she has been fever free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medicine such as Tylenol or Motrin.
- Diarrhea/Vomiting: A child with diarrhea and/or vomiting should stay at home and return to school only after being symptom free for 24 hours.
- Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye): Following a diagnosis of pink eye, a child may return to school 24 hours after the first dose of prescribed medication has been administered.
If you take your child to a healthcare provider for an illness, please be sure to request a written letter stating when your child may return to school.
ALL Over-the-Counter meds must be new and unopened.
Medication is to be delivered and picked up by a parent or guardian and brought to the clinic in the original container labeled with child's name, name of the medication and directions for the time and dosage. Physician's name must be on prescription medication. Students may not carry medications - including cough drops.
Staci DiAngelo, RN
COFFEE WITH THE COUNSELOR
Please come and join the counselor on Thursday, December 13th, at 9:00 am for the English Session or 10 am for the Spanish Session.
The topic is Say Goodbye to Whining, Complaining, and Bad Attitudes. Please call Cindy Lopez at (281)517-6036 or email@example.com to RSVP by December 6th . I hope to see you there!
Parents who wish to refer their child must follow the process described in the flyer entitled Horizons Identification Process. Please review website: http://www.cfisd.net/en/parents-students/academics/gifted-talented/ . If testing is appropriate, request a HORIZONS Parent Survey and Permission to Test form from your elementary counselor, Cindy Lopez at (281)517-6036. Return the HORIZONS Parent Survey and Permission to Test form no later than November 29th. Students will not be screened unless the parent permission form is turned in on time.
Yearbooks are available for pre-order at http://www.balfour.com.
The cost is $35 per book, with the option to personalize your book for an additional fee.
School Lunch and Breakfast Menus
No Place for Hate
This year we will continue our participation as a No Place for Hate school. I know it has been mentioned before, but I wanted to take some time to explain a bit.
No Place for Hate helps to create and sustain inclusive school environments where all students feel valued and have the opportunity to succeed by promoting respect for individual differences while challenging bigotry and prejudice.
Watch D.O.G.S. Signup Information
Thank you so much to all the Dads who have already signed up to volunteer at Millsap this year.
At this time, there are still dates available, so if you would like to sign up for a second day, please call Jennifer Marasek at 281-517-2913. Thank you for serving in our school!