Embedding Tech Tools
In Your Classroom
Workshop Description & Overview
Date of Workshop: October 30th @ Indian Lake Middle School [9:00 am - 3:00 pm]
Target Audience: All Subjects – Grades K-12
Overview: The number of technology tools available to teachers today is overwhelming. Teachers must learn about the tools that can be used to create powerful instruction. This session will introduce and instruct teachers on some specific tools that can be effectively utilized to enhance instruction and student learning.
- All tools shared in the session will be FREE tools. The session also addresses other important topics facing teachers, such as: (1) Differentiation; (2) Using data to drive instruction; (3) Technology integration; (4) Google Education & More
The session goals include:
- Explaining the importance of embedding technology to enhance instruction and not to using it as a fun add-on.
- Providing instruction on specific tech tools that can be effectively integrated into classroom instruction to increase learning. The session will include tools for graphic organizers, assessment, feedback, and collaboration.
- Explaining and modeling how some of these tools can be used in the classroom.
- Allowing teachers to explore, plan and utilize the tool(s) of their choice to so they can leave the session with a concrete implementation plan that can be used in their own classroom.
- Review of free online training courses that can further your personal skill level beyond this workshop from the comforts of your classroom or home.
- Review of Google Educator certification process and required training.
Linkage to UDL—Many of the tools and resources shared in this session can be very effective for implementing into a UDL framework of learning. The tools that technology provide make content accessible for many students with diverse needs and learning preferences. The session will highlight some of the tools that can be significant resources to meet the various aspects of the UDL framework.
Faculty: Dave Shellhaas, Director of Curriculum & School Improvement, MRESC
Date, Times & Location:
- Date - October 30, 2018
- Time - 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Location - Indian Lake Middle School, 8920 Co Rd 91, Lewistown, OH 43333
Registration Fees & Costs
- $75.00 for Shelby, Logan, Hardin, Madison and Champaign County Public Schools/Districts, Career Centers, and Boards of DD.
- **>>Districts purchasing the presenter's contract (i.e. Curriculum Services with Dave Shellhaas, MRESC) may attend at no cost.
- $105.00 for school districts outside of the above counties or other agencies/non-profits
Tuesday, Oct. 30th, 9am-3pm
Indian Lake Middle School, 8920 Co Rd 91, Lewistown, OH 43333
What time should I arrive at the training site? Please arrive 15 minutes early to complete the check-in process.
Food & Beverage: Bottled water and assorted breakfast bars will be available at the beginning of each session. While coffee or other food will not be served, participants are free to bring snack items for themselves or to share with the group. Lunch will be on your own. Please plan accordingly…..
What You Should Bring? Participants should bring note taking materials and writing utensils with them to the session.
Our Cancellation Policy - Cancellations must be received 11 days prior to the day of the event. Cancellations receive outside of this policy will not be accepted. Attendees and/or employing districts will be billed accordingly.
Midwest Regional Educational Service Center
Our Vision: To Be Your First Choice in Educational Services
Our Mission is to partner with school districts to improve outcomes for students and families with innovative, specialized services and programs at reasonable costs.