CLP Weekly Memo
Week of January 11 to January 15
At CLP We Are Growing Leaders Every Day In Every Way!
1-11 Leo the Lion at during dismissal to promote the 21 Day Snack Challenge and Registration begins for challenge
1-11 Lighthouse Team Meeting
1-12 Spelling Bee
1-14 Author Visit for 3rd and 4th grades
1-14 Cullins to host resource event for families impacted by tornado
1-25 DEIC Meeting
1-29 6th Grade SAGE Field Trip
2-2 LIM Symposium School Visits to Cullins
2-3 LIM Symposium in Richardson
2-4 Rockwall County Spelling Bee and Multicultural Night
2-5 Donuts with your Sweetheart at 7:15am
Reminders (repeated information is in Italics)
On Thursday, January 14th we will be hosting an event at Cullins from 5-7pm. This will be a time for those impacted by the tornado to come for dinner and gain many resources while here. This event is for all RISD students and their families impacted by the tornado. Our district counselors and social workers will be here to provide guidance and resources how to talk about the event and help their children through this. We will be asking for volunteers from the staff and PTA to help serve dinner as well as provide child care. The RHS Stingerettes will also be helping with child care. Thanks to Diana for organizing some activity stations in the gym for the kids. If you are able to help please be here at 4:45. Email me if you are able to help. Thanks so much!!!!!
- On February 2nd we have the privilege of being selected along with three other Rockwall schools as school site visits for the Leader in Me Symposium. I know that you all are a bit stressed about this.... PLEASE DON'T!! The Lighthouse Team will be meeting today and we will have a very organized plan to pull this all together. Continue doing what you do and we will have a plan of action this week to work on some things.
- With that in mind..... Please make sure that unless it is a sickness or emergency that you are here on Feb 2nd. This would not be a good day for a substitute as they may be asked questions that they are unable to answer.
- Maintenance has asked that we ask you to please not dispose of feminine products in the 4th grade restroom. Please dispose in the trash.
- Rockwall ISD is sponsoring a t-shirt sale to give all proceeds to the City of Rowlett for tornado victims. T-shirts are $5 and can be purchased at Rockwall Sports. We will be taking a big order to be filled, so if you would like to purchase one please give your size and money to Shree. We will get the shirts ordered and hopefully they will be ready by Friday. If you purchase a shirt you can wear it for a free jeans day on Mondays until the official game night in Rowlett.
- This week Laura and I will both be off campus for most of the day on Tuesday-Thursday. We will be attending a mandatory training for the new teacher evaluation system. It's turning into a busy January. On January 28-31 (Thursday-Sunday) I will be in Houston at the National Title I Conference. I'm excited about the new learning and what I can bring back for us all to utilize with our students.
- January is School Board Appreciation Month. We would like to write letters to our board members to show our appreciation for all that they do for our school district.
Cullins Staff Members Being AWESOME!!
Friends we are back for 2016 in a BIG BIG WAY!!!! The tragic events experienced by this community have made us stronger as a staff and strengthened the relationships and trust that you already had with your families. We will continue to come together in the coming months to support our community and provide a consistent learning environment for our students.
Go out and BE AWESOME!!!