November 16, 2019
Congratulations to this week's STING ticket winners!
Morning Arrival Reminders
Parents, please take a moment to read the reminders below, as they pertain to student safety as well as procedures.
- Only use the parking spots if you have items to bring into the office. Parents parking and walking their students across the lot holds up the car line and creates more traffic. Additionally, parents walking their students across the lot has created a safety issue, as cars are constantly moving. Parking spaces are needed by those who are visiting the school, have appointments, etc.
- Drop off at the middle school ends at 7:30. If you arrive after 7:30, you will need to use the GHES car line.
- Please ensure that students exit the vehicles on the side closest to the building. This is for their safety.
- Students who arrive after 7:35 will need to be signed in at the front office.
- Please join us for Spirit Night at Brixx Woodfired Pizza in Kingsley on Tuesday, November 19th from 5-8PM. A portion of all proceeds will benefit GHES.
- Calling all volunteers! The PTO is going to have the annual Holiday Shop December 3-6. We are requesting helpers for various times and dates. Please visit the PTO website and look under “volunteers” to find the sign up link. We appreciate any and all help you can offer. If you know when your child’s class is shopping, please do not volunteer for that time. The kids LOVE to keep their gifts surprise! Thank you!
Congratulations to these awesome students for receiving Caught You At Your Best positive referrals!
From Ms. Gover
I am really excited about the Sport Stacking unit we are currently doing in PE. Sport Stacking is an exciting sport where students stack and unstack 12-specially designed cups (Speed Stacks). Sport Stacking uses both sides of the body and brain developing important athletic and academic skills.
One of my goals, as a Physical Educator, is to promote activity at home through positive alternatives to computer, television and video game screen time. I believe that Sport Stacking is a unique, fun and simple activity that motivates kids to get up and move.
I have Speed Stacks Sets and StackMats for students to purchase here at the school with an added benefit of raising funds for our PE program.
Here’s why you should participate:
· Sport Stacking is healthy for kids.
· Sets are $20.00. Pro Series 2 sets are $25.00. StackMats (mat, timer and gear bag) are $25.00. You pay no shipping, PLUS, the school will earn a percentage of your purchase in equipment for our PE program.
· Speed Stacks Sets and StackMats are available for immediate purchase. ‘First come, First served’ on color and design choices.
Act now, I have a limited supply of colors and quantities. I plan to close our New Group Order on 11/22/19. All orders must be paid with a credit card. To purchase your student’s Speed Stacks Set and/or StackMat, go to this link, choose your school and place your order. www.speedstacks.com/go/ After you place the order, print out the receipt and have your student bring the receipt to me to pick up their item(s). Please encourage your student to have a second choice in mind since it is ‘First come, First served’ on color and design choices.
Thank you for supporting our Physical Education Program!