Sand Creek Zone
Career Pathways available in the Sand Creek Zone
1.) A STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) pathway that includes Computer Science and Manufacturing.
2.) A Business pathway that includes Communication.
3.) A new Sports and Medicine pathway that prepares students for jobs in the sports medical field and/or the medical field.
YouScience results for 9th grade are in!
Talking points with your student::
Which part of the "Aptitude Pie" surprised you? Which aptitude did you already know you had?
Did you feel that your "Teamwork Skills" were accurate? What can you get better at?
Which careers were a "strong" or "good" overall fit for you? What would you have to do to prepare for this career?
The Business of Baseball!
Ms. Siemieniec, (firstname.lastname@example.org), SCHS Business teacher, will be organizing similar events to the Nuggets and the Avalanche if you are interested in attending!
Featured Internships for Juniors and Seniors:
- The Volunteer Reporter will be given information relevant to the organization.
- The Volunteer Reporter will reference past blog posts for style and substance. Together with the Marketing and Communications Director, the Volunteer Reporter will review the characteristics of what ensures an interesting blog post.
- This position will work closely with the Marketing and Communications Director to receive assignments and to schedule interviews with Care and Share staff and volunteers.
- Experience a non-profit workplace;
- Web publishing/editing/blogging;
- Reinforcement of foundational employments skills including attendance, time management, communication, teamwork, following instructions
2.) 120-HOUR INTERNSHIP FOR CLASS CREDIT - $500 completion scholarship! PLS Mechanical, Plumbing & Pipe
- Estimating – 16 hours
- Plan reading
- Specifications reading
- Cost analysis
- CAD – 16 hours
- 3D scanning
- Total station, Tremble proprietary software
- Mechanical layout
- Fabrication shop – 40 hours
- Field layout
- Pipefitting and welding
- Plumbing – piping fabrication
- Plumbing fixture fabrication
- Field work – 40 hours
- Hydronic install – 16 hours
- Plumbing install – 16 hours
- Project closeout – 8 hours
Come to the Marketplace!
Consider participating in...
Colorado Council on High School College Relations' College Fair
When: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 from 1:00 - 2:00pm
Where: Sand Creek High School
Seniors 1:00 -1:30
Juniors 1:25 - 1:50
Sophomores 1:40 - 2:00
Please see the attached documents to help prepare for the fair:
Lockheed Martin 2018 Women in Engineering Day
Saturday, Dec. 1st, 9:30am-2:45pm
9970 Federal Drive
Colorado Springs, CO
- Join us for an exciting day of STEM!
- Explore the different disciplines of engineering.
- Interact with a panelist of female, industry-leading engineers.
- Gain insight on college choices, career aspirations, etc.
- Discover where STEM can lead your future.
If you are interested in attending, please contact Mike Brandt (email@example.com).