Fall is in the Air
The weather has cooled off, the leaves are changing, and we've set the clocks back. It's Fall! That means that we are over a 1/4 of the way through the school year and finals will be here before we know it.
November is a short month in the school world, but we are still busy! Check the upcoming events below.
In this season of giving thanks, I want to thank each of you for your work developing rigorous and relevant course work for our students.
Enjoy the weather and eat lots of turkey!
Mastery Connect Update
- Mastery Connect has taken over the task of entering course-specific standards, and their goal is to have those all entered and viewable to teachers by November 25.
- In preparation for final exams, each teacher should log in to Mastery Connect and create a tracker for each of your semester 1 classes. IMPORTANT: Trackers need to be aligned to the standards for that course. To find your standards, you will need to scroll to the National standards section and select National Standards for FCS.
- For a video tutorial, click here: http://files.masteryconnect.com/support/videos/fhsd_create-a-tracker_how-to.mp4
- Beginning this week, I will be entering final exams for classes as the standards become available. Once I enter the exam, it should populate in your tracker.
- If you have questions or need help, please let me know, or ask your department chair.
The teachers of the Foods sequence met last week. The majority of our conversation revolved around ProStart, and whether the district should continue to participate in the ProStart program using their curriuculum. Many viable points were discussed and that information will be shared with the principals this week at the Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment meeting.
As I have information to share with your department, I will do so via email.
HS Department Chair Mtg.
Thursday, Nov. 21st, 11:30am-2:30pm
Francis Howell School District, Central School Road, St. Charles, MO
Conference Room J