By: Quinlyn Taylor
Activities and Events
This picture shows the view of Mount Rushmore from the Presidential Trail.
This picture shows the evening lighting ceremony.
This picture shows the Sculptor's Studio at Mount Rushmore.
- Thomas Jefferson was originally placed on the right of George Washington, but was taken off (using dynamite) and remade on the left.
- George Washington's nose was made about a foot longer than the other presidents' noses.
- Seeing Mount Rushmore costs less than parking. Actually viewing Mount Rushmore in the park is free, but you have to pay $10 for parking.
- The Fourth of July fireworks do not actually happen on the fourth. The fireworks are shown on the third.
- Mostly paid by the government, the price tag for making Mount Rushmore (including the payments of the workers) came to $989,992.32.
Connection With Indians
Press the Button Below!
Introduction Information- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Rushmore
Climate Information- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Rushmore#Climate
Presidential Trail Information- http://alltrails.com/trail/us/south-dakota/presidential-trail-mt-rushmore
Sculptor's Studio- http://www.mtrushmorenationalmemorial.com/things-to-do/sculptors-studio/
Indian Connection- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Rushmore#Controversy
Introduction Picture- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutzon_Borglum
Lighting Ceremony- http://www.takemytrip.com/08wyo/08n_43a.htm
Sculptor's Studio- http://360panos.com/local/mount-rushmore-two-south-dakota.php
Button Picture- http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1b/Mount_Rushmore_National_Memorial,_merged.jpg