CFES Trail Guide for Parents
Blazing the trail to excellence
Week of October 12
Terrific Tuesday to all of our CFES Families.
Thank you for your wonderful participation in Walk To School Day last week. It was great to see our entire CFES community unite and a fantastic way to start a day.
Thank you for your support of our first CFES Cares of the school year. Please remember that tomorrow is the last day to send in any items you wish to donate. (Granola bars, individually wrapped candy, individually packaged chips, snacks and juice boxes.) Our students will be sorting the items and packing our special lunch sacks for less fortunate students on Thursday and Friday. I hope you all know the amazing, positive impact this will have for local TISD families in need.
There are so many great things happening daily on campus, with our TVS families, and as a community. After just five short weeks, teaching and learning are in full swing and our hands and hearts are making a difference. As always, the CFES Community continues to shine in all that we do!
Have a great week!
CFES Camp Director
Fall Picture Day at CFES
**All student picture orders should be placed today!**
Wednesday, October 14th: Fall picture day for both Face to Face Students and CFES TVS Students. Please have your student dressed in their best for their Fall photo!
CFES TVS Students: The photographer will be available that day between 11:45 am and 12:45 pm for photos outside the main entrance of our school if you would like to bring your child for a school photo. This is an optional. Please utilize the car line.
Ordering Information: Package information is available by clicking on the following link Fall Portrait Package & Ordering Information. In an effort to facilitate a contactless ordering process, all picture orders will need to be placed online. Please visit https://www.prepayorders.com/school/cfe6873 to prepay for your package online. The Flyer Code is: cfe6873. No receipt or paperwork will need to be turned into the school.
Provine School Pictures
8305 Kempwood Dr.
Houston, TX 77055
October - a month of Appreciation
- October 12-16 is Nutrition Service Appreciation Week. Please have your child make cards for our wonderful Cafeteria Ladies, Corvet Tevebaugh and Kimberly Landeche
- October 19-23 is Bus Driver Appreciation Week. Bus Riders, please make a card to give to your driver to thank them for all they do to safely get you to school each day.
Paper Towel & Toilet Paper Rolls Needed!
Let's put our hands, hearts and resources together to make a difference!
Reminder that our October CFES Cares is in full swing. You can help support this great effort by:
- As a family decorate paper lunch sacks using a Fall Theme
- Donate Individually wrapped candy, snack crackers, granola bars, juice boxes, or chips. Collection bins are in the front foyer for F2F students and are places outside at the front of the campus for TVS students
All bags and items are due by Wednesday, October 14th.
TVS Student assignments and grades
- Tuesday, October 13 - General PTO Meeting from 10:00-11:30 am
Keep the pictures coming! Please share your Chalk the Walk and Walk to School pictures with our yearbook team! Email your photos to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the grade level in your email.
- 2020-2021 Yearbook Presale: NOW OPEN - The 2020-2021 yearbook presale is now open! Yearbook presale price is $28 through December 31st. After that, they can be purchased for $38. Go to www.balfour.com and enter Creekside Forest Elementary in the "Find Your School" box. “
- For more information about PTO, please visit their website by clicking on the following link CFES PTO Information
| || |
cfes campus information
19 Spirit Night at Craft Grill (all day) - Be sure to tell them you are with CFES and ask them to turn in your receipt so that CFES will get credit.
23- End of the first grading period
16-20 Bus Driver Appreciation Week
26-30 Red Ribbon Week
CFES Virtual Book Fair:
The Scholastic Book Fair is back! While the Fair will be exclusively held online this year, we still plan on making it a fun and joyous experience for our kids. Features include:
- Creekside Forest’s own online store, with a large selection of titles, at the right price points
- A Virtual Fair so you and your kids can experience the magic of the school shopping experience. Browse titles by grade, meet popular authors, and discover the comfort and joy of our Fair
- Every dollar you spend will benefit our school directly (25% back in rewards!)
Save these dates and view our school’s Fair site:
Fair Dates: October 29th to November 5th