- it was invented by Samuel Crompton
- Each machine carried 1,320 spindles and was up to 46m long.
- Samuel Crompton started spinning to supplement his family
- The spinning mule was perceived as a threat by some spinners who worked from home in a cottage industry
- His machine revolutionized the industry
- it opened the mechanized way of producing cloth
- it was invented between 1775-1779
- he learnt to spin using a Spinning Jenny.
- Crompton was poor before he invented the spinning mule
- he raised money to develop his invention by playing his home made violin