Description of Occupation
The study of small responses and chronic adaptations to a wide range of exercises.
Certification Needed to Practice
The major certifications needed to practice Excercise Physiology are the American Society of Exercise Physiology (ASEP) and American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
- Fitness Testing Athletes
- Making up specific fitness training programs
- Establishing a relationship with coaching to maximize the effects of training
- Making up reports of all the studies conducted
- Keeping up to date with ongoing research
Education requirements is that you must have a bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or another closely related area.
Payday-The Average Income
The average income for a Exercise Physiology is $48,907. The lowest income is $42,556, and the highest is $56,145.
Skills Necessary to be Successful
- communication skills
- self-motivation and the ability to motivate others
- ability to balance conflicting demands and meet deadlines
- have team working skills
- be able to presentation and report-writing
- have a willingness to learn and to be successful
- a passion for high performance sport
Where Exercise Physiologist Can Work
- Colleges or Universities
- Hospital Settings
- Health and Fitness Clubs
- Cedric Bryant is the Chief Exercise Physiologist for the American Council on Exercise.
- Exercise Physiologists found out that every minute you walk you add a minute or two to your life.
- Exercise Physiologist also found out that the health benefits from bicycling is 20 times greater than the safety risks.
Stan's VO2max Test on Cycle Ergometry