The First Planet
The planet under the sun!
- Mercury is 46 million kilometers from the sun, and 77 million kilometers from Earth
- Mass: 330,104,000,000,000 billion kg (0.055 x Earth)
- Equatorial Diameter: 4,879
- Polar Diameter: 4,879
- Equatorial Circumference: 15,329 km
- Known Moons: none
- Notable Moons: none
- Orbit Distance: 57,909,227 km (0.39 AU)
- Orbit Period: 87.97 Earth days
- Surface Temperature: -173 to 427°C
- First Record: 14th century BC
- Recorded By: Assyrian astronomers.
- You can stay on this planet for a year, return to Earth and come back, you need a full dose of oxygen at some point!
- Bring shorts, tank tops, flip flops, and get ready for a vacation under the sun! Also bring sunscreen! We have a very warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- You are welcome anytime! There is no humidity, no rain, so get ready for a warm vacation!
Mercury Space Museum
Galaxy-wide famous museum, best in the universe.
Mercury Chocolate Factory and Restaurant.
Mercury Original Chocolate Lava Cake.
Light Year Rollar Coaster
The universe's fastest rollar coaster that goes at the speed of light.
Most famous tourism sites
- Come visit our famous light year rollar coaster! The fastest rollar coaster in the universe! It goes at the speed of light, so you can take a quick tour around the whole planet. Sadly, Mercury has no moons, so we cannot take you to one of the planet's moons, but it is still an outstanding experience!!
- Take a night out with your partner at the Mercury Chocolate Factory and Restaurant. Try our most famous, well known Mercury Original Chocolate Lava cake, heated naturally by the sun.
- Visit the most exciting museum in museum history! It shows all of the history of Mercury: When it was founded, how it was founded, etc. And if you are curious about the universe itself, we have a section on the big bang theory, the galaxies, stars, and black holes, cosmos, and asteroids.
- Take a trip to the Mercury Universal Space Station (MUSS) and travel to the moon, Earth, and the sun.
- Visit the Mercury Tourism Building to grab a map to guide yourself around the planet.
Fun Facts about Mercury:
- A total of 88 days is equivalent to one Earth year.
- Mercury is the smallest out of the eight planets.
- Every 2 orbits around the sun, which takes about 88 days, Mercury completes three rotations on its axis.
- It is gravitationally locked in its rotation; its unique to our solar system.
- Every seven years or so, Mercury can be seen from Earth passing across the face of the sun.
- This planet is named after the Roman god, the messenger.
- The planet just has 38% of Earth's gravity.