Charlie, Sandy, and Tyler
What is Communism?
Communism is a system of government in which a single political party controls both the government and the economy; also, the theories developed by Karl Marx regarding the development of an ideal, classless society.
Information about Communism
- Full employment
- No economic recessions
- Greater income equality
- Greater economic security
- Inefficient use of factors of production
- Slower or stagnant economic growth
- Low quality goods and services
- Lower standards of living
Mao Zedong took over China in 1949. HHas been Communistic ever since.
Led by Fidel Castro and became fully Communistic in 1961.
Became a Communist country in 1975 and was supported by Vietnam and the Soviet Union.