AUGUST 26 - SEPTEMBER 02
01 - Olson Chick Fil A Spirit Day
05 - Student/Staff Holiday
08 - Join Cub Scouting
12 - PTA Chipotle Spirit Day
** Breakfast - Please let your child's teacher know if they plan to purchase a breakfast in the morning. We want to be able to verify that all students make it through the breakfast line.
*During arrival and dismissal, please stay in your car.
*If you arrive after the tardy bell, you will need to come into the school to check-in your child.
*Must have proper ID to check into the building.
*Please send water bottles with your student.
*Mondays - Olson Spirit Wear
*Fridays - Allen, Olson, College Spirit Wear
My name is Nurse Jimenez and I am so excited to started the 2022-23 school year at Olson this year!
Now that school is in full swing, there are a couple of reminders I need to pass along. Please notify me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if your child has tested positive for Covid. Common covid symptoms include headache, stomachache, body aches, fatigue, and fever. Your child might not necessarily have a fever. If your child has a combination of these symptoms, keep them home and test them for Covid. Remember to keep your child home if ill. Your child must be fever free, vomiting, and diarrhea free for 24 hours. I look forward to taking care of your child this year!
ATTENDANCE TIPS FROM MRS. ROSALES
When your student is absent there are a few pieces of information we need for our records.
What needs to be included in an absent note:
● Child’s first and last name
● Date(s) the student was absent
● Reason why they were absent
Options to submit absences:
· Preferred Method: Submit absence through Skyward- see graphic below for step-by-step instructions at bottom of page. *Currently, you are not able to submit doctor’s notes in Skyward, so please submit to the office.
· Email our registrar with the information above. Registrar: Terri Rosales email@example.com
· Student may bring a note from home within 3 days of their return to school. If not turned in within the 3-day window, absences will be counted as unexcused.
● Absences due to travel are not excused absences, they are counted as unexcused unless it’s to attend a funeral.
● If a student is absent for illness 5 or more consecutive days, a doctor’s note must be provided for those days to be excused.
● When students come in late to school or check out early due to dentist or doctor appointments please provide a doctor’s note to excuse the partial day absence.
Contacting the Counselor, Mrs. Oliver
Hi, my name is Nicole Oliver, I am Olson’s School Counselor. I can be reached via phone or email, at 972-562-1800 or Nicole.Oliver@allenisd.org. I am available to students for a variety of needs and they are welcome to see me any time they need. I am also available to help parents. Please reach out to me any time with questions or concerns.
Our character trait for September is RESPECT: showing others they are important by what you say or do. Respect is shown in many ways every day.
We can show respect to adults, each other, our school, our country and the earth. Everyone can show respect by standing for the pledges and the National Anthem to those who gave their lives for the freedoms we enjoy. Children can show respect for adults by listening to adults when they are talking, by holding the door for them, or giving up your seat to an adult when all the seats are taken on a bus or in a gathering. Obeying laws and rules in our school and in our society, such as cars pulling over to let an ambulance or police car go by are also examples of respect. When we recycle and reduce the waste we create, such as conserving water, energy or cleaning up areas that have been polluted show respect for our environment.
Kids need to show respect for each other, as well, and can do this by listening to one another’s point of view, even though they might not agree with each other. Respect is a very important part of any relationship. Discuss with your family ways that you can show respect at home, school, work, and in the community.
Allen ISD's Character Education Program: Be the ONE
Be the ONE is an initiative to link Allen ISD schools in their efforts towards service learning and character education. The goal of Be the ONE is to create positive gains in the value structure of the students, faculty, parents, and community. This is done through allowing each campus to determine what needs their student population exhibits in the areas that Be the ONE names. Each school will provide a program that is tailored to that campus and successfully fulfills the identified needs. Be the ONE is a common thread between the schools that will demonstrate to the community that Allen schools are working toward a common goal in the areas of service learning and character development.
Activities that qualify as Be the ONE fall under the topics of service learning and character education. These activities are meant to provide direct student experience while being incorporated and aligned with what is already taking place during the school day. The activities that each campus implements promotes a connection between youth and their community, good citizenship habits, enhance self-esteem, building positive relationships, enrich academic performance.
At the start of each month, a new character trait is introduced to students, staff, and parents. Campus counselors incorporate these character traits utilizing various means - guidance lessons, parent newsletters, campus announcements, and campus-wide activities.
Month Character Trait
September - Respect
October - Self-Discipline
November - Citizenship
December - Empathy
January - Determination
April - Positive Attitude
May - Responsibility
Be the ONE shirt are available for purchase. These shirts are to help support the Be the ONE initiative and are for students, staff, and families. Olson will wear their Be the ONE shirts on Thursdays.
The shirts are available in two colors, either heather blue or heather red, which are a Bella+Canvas t-shirt material. (pictured below)
The shirts are available for purchase until Monday, September 5, 2022.
Shirts will be delivered to campus’ by Monday, October 3, 2022.
To order, please select the link(s) below based on size(s) needed:
$13 + taxes and fees
$15 + taxes and fees
$16.50 + taxes and fees
Profits benefit the Allen ISD Counseling Program.
JR. ROBOTICS & ROBOTICS CLUBS
JOIN CUB SCOUTING
Olson PTA No-Fuss Fundraiser Kick-Off
Easiest. Fundraiser. Ever.
No bake sales, no door to door catalog sales, no fuss! Just a few clicks to submit a donation for any amount that you feel comfortable with here.
Your No-Fuss dollars matter! Help the Olson PTA make these things happen:
- Campus Improvement
- Book Fairs & Science Nights
- Monthly Staff Appreciation Lunches
- Watch D.O.G.S. Coordination & Events
- Fall Fest & Family Picnic
- 6th Grade Graduation Ceremony
- Otterific Otter Refreshments & Awards
- STAAR Testing Snacks & Senior Walk Treats
- Field Day & End of School Celebrations
- and more!
- 100% of your contribution goes to supporting the PTA in supporting Olson
- 100% of your contribution is TAX DEDUCTIBLE! The Olson PTA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Spirit Shop Update
We're updating our Spirit Shop! Stay tuned for updated items & availability 🎉
*Note: We're also processing Spirit Shop orders made between 8/5 and 8/20 - Deliveries will be made the week of 9/4.
Questions? Please email email@example.com
Help us design Olson Spirit Wear! 🦦🎨
We want to feature YOUR creativity in the Olson PTA Spirit Shop this year –
Submit your art or ideas here!
22-23 Faculty Favorites are LIVE!
Spirit Event @ Chipotle 9/12
Chipotle is generously donating 33% of proceeds on 9/12/22 from 4-8pm to the Olson PTA! Sign-up for a free Facebook event reminder here.
*Is your business interested in partnering for a Spirit Event?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the PTA & Enter to Win!
Have you entered to win this American Girl Doll or Candy Tree yet?
Just join the PTA before 9/1 here: https://olsonpta.membershiptoolkit.com/packet/2644
Join the Olson PTA on Remind
Join the Olson PTA on Remind to stay up-to-date with all the PTA happenings! Text @olsonpta to 81010
Allen ISD Health & Safety Guidelines
2022-2023 Health and Safety Guidelines - Allen ISD looks forward to welcoming all students back to school for the 2022-2023 school year. The district will continue to monitor the guidance of local, county, and state health agencies to ensure we find an appropriate balance of health and safety procedures that afford us the opportunity to also ensure high levels of student learning. Allen ISD’s health and safety protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19 for the 2022-2023 school year are located on the district website. These protocols are subject to change based upon additional Texas Education Agency guidance.
Dress Code Reminders
Dress Code Reminders
- At no time should undergarments be visible.
- Torn or ripped clothing above mid-thigh, where skin is visible, is prohibited.
- Boxer shorts, pajamas, or other sleepwear as outerwear are prohibited - except on approved occasions.
- Tank tops, tube tops, halters, midriffs, backless tops, spaghetti straps, spandex/leotard tops, off the shoulder tops, or low cut tops are prohibited.
- Shirts must be long enough to cover the waistband of pants, skirts, or shorts even when arms are raised over the student’s head.
- Shorts, skirts, tunics, skorts, or dresses must reach mid-thigh or longer.
- Pants must be naturally fitting at the waist and at the crotch. Pants may not sag or bag at the waist or drag on the ground.
- Stretch pants, yoga pants and leggings must be worn with a shirt that covers the undergarment area.
- Hats, caps, bandanas, hoods, visors, or other head coverings are prohibited.
- Religious head wear IS accepted and acknowledged at school.
SCHOOL CONTACT INFORMATION
7:30 - 4:00 M - TH
7:30 - 3:30 F