Miss Hilary's October Newsletter
Falling into Fun!
SPIRIT DAY/TUITION DUE: Oct. 6-7
FALL CARNIVAL: Saturday, Oct. 11 - 10am-12pm
- WE NEED HELPERS! PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO SIGNUP. THANKS SO MUCH!
- You WON'T want to miss this FREE event from 10am-12pm at the Schoolhouse! Dress up your family in costumes and enjoy the hay rides, bounce houses, family pictures, petting zoo, games & more!
NO SCHOOL: Oct. 23-24 (Parent Teacher Conferences)
- SIGN UP HERE
- I look forward to getting to know your family even better! All conferences will be held during class time; thus, there will be no preschool those days. Sign up at the link above for your time.
HALLOWEEN PARTIES IN CLASS: Oct. 30-31
- Held during class. No costumes please. Usually just for students, but if you'd like to volunteer, feel free to let me know.
- THANKSGIVING FEAST: Nov. 20-21 (Bring favorite food to share)
- NO SCHOOL: Nov. 24-28 (Thanksgiving Break)
Scholastic Book Clubs Deadline: Sunday Oct. 12
This month, you'll get this FREE BOOK with your order!!! And every time you place an order, your classroom gets a FREE book - thanks!
Looking forward to October!
It has been so much fun to get to know you and your children better over this past month! Your advanced pre-k students are doing fabulous and our classes are really going well!
We spent a lot of time in September learning our class schedule and building friendships with our classmates. We learned all about harvest time on the farm as well as different types of weather. We began using our Handwriting Without Tears curriculum and it has been amazing to watch the students progress. Your kids are writing their names everyday and practicing a new later every week. Some of you may have noticed from the work sent home that we focused on the numbers 5 and 7 this past month as well. We made our first bar graph representing which farm animals the children liked best. The horse won by a landslide! We will be making a bar graph that will inform us about which type of Halloween candy is the favorite of the class. (A wee bit of candy sampling will be necessary!)
In October we will also be learning about nocturnal animals, making fun Halloween creatures, and enjoying many fall activities. Our cooking project will be pumpkin seeds that we will harvest from our classroom pumpkin. I am looking forward to our in-class Halloween party and the fall carnival at the school!
As a reminder, please only allow your child to bring one item from home for sharing on Monday and Tuesday, Unfortunately, we just don't have time to share multiple toys. Thank you!
Looking forward to a great month!