Greenwood High School IMC
Exploring our world through reading and research--Aug 2015
Off to a Busy Start!
We hit the ground running this year, especially with the English department! In August we held freshman orientations, booktalked to all freshman and junior English classes, assisted with WWI research, and taught juniors the basics of using our research databases.
Did you know that Julia R loves to collaborate?! In the 2014-2015 school year she left the library over 300 times to work in classrooms! Come see her for any classroom needs you have, such as
- Compiling information from websites and research databases for your classroom assignments
- Talking about books with your students
- Developing collaborative units with teachers to integrate technology into lessons
- Co-Teaching a lesson/unit (in your classroom or the library)
- Assisting with research
- Teaching web programs and tools to you or your students
- Ordering videos, books or other materials
- Designing tutorials and lessons
- Helping in any other way!
The Rosies are missing!
Julia Reynolds is a certified School Librarian (grades 5-12) who has been at Greenwood Community High School since 2008. Prior to that, she taught English for 4 years.
She is the 2015 Indiana Library Federation Outstanding School Librarian. She is also Co-Chair of the Indiana Eliot Rosewater High School Book Award and a coach for Greenwood High School's English Academic Super Bowl competition.